blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
SS 5.05 Problem
braddw25
I wanted to see if anyone else was having the following problem. When I use the game's stock ships in version 5.05 of starshatter the ships textures are not showing up properly. This holds true for all the starbases and starships in the stock game. Modded ships textures are applied as they should be, but not so with the stock ships. Here is an example of a screen shot I took while Flying Vasja's mission. Any thoughts??/
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
B) I didn't notice any such anomalies even prior to the mission crashes. The ships looked fine.

braddw25
I don't understand at all what might be causing this. Version 5.03 works just fine, but not so with version 5.05. Very weird.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Salutations, Frown

I haven't seen this anomaly thus far. I will keep an eye out for it.

By the way... how do the stock craft appear in the TAC Reference display screens? Mine are fine.

It probably has no application but below are my Options settings. I have "Shadows" turned off.

See if turning off you Specular Maps correct the problem.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
LOL, I was just getting ready to post that I tried turning of specular maps and that fixed the problem. Great minds think alike. To answer your question, the ships look the same in the Tac Ref as they do in game for me. With the spec map enabled they don't look right. With it disabled they do look right. Any idea what might be going on here? By the way, on my desktop all the ships look fine even with Spec maps enabled. One other piece of pertinent info. On my laptop where I'm having this problem, if I run version 5.03 instead of 5.05 the stock ships look fine even with spec maps enabled.

wdboyd
Just so we don't start thinking like the professor. Wink

I suspect it is your Video Card. Do you have the latest drivers for it? Even then... the card may not handle the games spec map well.

braddw25
I think you may be exactly right. My laptop is just a business type machine not made in any way shape or form for gaming. It has an integrated video card that I'm certain is not very powerful. The only weird part is that it can render the ships properly in 5.03 but not in 5.05. Meh, its a minor problem anyway so not really worth fussing over. I just wanted to make sure it was not a problem with version 5.05. By the way, do you have the newest version from the source code project? I think it's 5.166. If you don't have it and would like to have it, let me know.

wdboyd
I think I have it but haven't bothered to install it. Maybe I did and had problems with it. I don't remember.

braddw25
Roger that.

Lucan
*Agrees with Boyd* I suspect it has something to do with the video card as well. Laptops tend to be notorious for these types of issues, unfortunately.

braddw25
Good to hear from you, Lucan. Long time no see.

wdboyd
Yesterday, I began to have serious problems with starting Starshatter 5.0.5. Frown

It would present a blank black screen and totally lock up the computer. The only way out was to shut off the power completely and reboot.

I tried starting the game five or six times with the same strange result. Frown

I finally had to use the Starshater:The Gathering Storm.exe to start the game successfully. It is version 5.0.3.

Weird... I have no idea why this has happened. I even ran my virus scanner to ensure that wasn't the problem. It isn't.

Anybody else experiencing a like anomaly?

Well, at least the 5.0.3 version is working. Smile

braddw25
Sounds like a file may have gotten corrupted somehow. Did you try reinstalling? I too have gone back to using version 5.03 due to the problem I was having with spec maps. The weird thing is that it was working fine until this started to happen. In that regard it is somewhat similar to your problem William in that it just appeared out of the blue. I get the same problem with any version higher than 5.03 when running the game on my laptop. All versions that are installed on my desktop run problem free.

wdboyd
Yes, I tried reinstalling. It didn't correct the anomaly. Weird. Frown

During my efforts to get the game running, I came to the realization about how much I would miss playing and modding Starshatter. It's become like an old friend after all these years.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Yeah, I feel the same way. I think even if Star Citizen is everything we hope it will be I will still be modding Starshatter along with the new platform.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll