sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
CitizenCon
wdboyd
Salutations,

CitizenCon 2018 just completed their day long Live Stream.

Most of it was boring for me. As usual, a lot of pretty picture, demos and of course two brand new craft were presented for potential buyers.

The most promising thing that was brought out was the reported good development of Squadron 42. It seems all major functions required for the game have been completed and Chris Roberts intimated that it will be releases sometime in 2019, barring any major set backs.

https://youtu.be/...o9s4?t=143 < - - New Sguadron 42 Trailer bluthumb

There was still no release time period hinted at for StarCitizen.

braddw25
Well I don't know about you, but I find it very encouraging that at least the release date for Squadron 42 is on the horizon. It will be nice to finally have a least part of the game to play as a finished product after all the money I have tied up in this thing. I have been seriously considering liquidating part of my fleet due to frustration with the progress or seeming lack thereof. With this news, I think I will hand on to my fleet a little longer. Thanks for sharing.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
I just made the mistake of downloading the Star Citizen updated game. It has been months since I have loaded up the game. I did so today and I have to say that I am once again disappointed. Nothing seems to have been improved. The loading times are still beyond ridiculous, and once you get into the game, it well... It just sucks. I can remember the last time I was on, I wanted to configure my hanger. My frustration level went right through the roof due to the clunky system one has to navigate. A simple task like placing a single ship in the hanger leads to more frustration than I am willing to subject myself to during a video game. After about 10 minutes of monkeying around I was finally able to get one ship placed. My super hornet. I really wanted to get the Connie in my hangar because I wanted to see if they had updated the interior since the last time I visited my hanger. You remember the good old days when your ships were actually in your hanger right?? I pine for those days because as far as I can tell from the game experience, my Connie simply does not exist anymore. I can't find it anywhere. So anyway while I was trying to locate it, the stupid game froze. So I went through the arduous waiting process of re loading the game. Only to go back into my hanger and expecting to see my HOrnet sitting there since I had wasted 10-15 minutes of my life figuring out how to get it in my hanger, but sadly it was no longer there for some reason. The hanger module aspect of the game is actually worse after all this time than it was 2 years ago. I am getting very close to either demanding my money back from RSI or selling everything I own on the black/grey market. I have simply lost all enthusiasm for this game and all faith in RSI's ability to ever deliver something even a fraction as good as what we have all been promised. End of rant.veryupset
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I understand and share your frustration. There are many backers out there that are equally disappointed. Many just aren't commenting.

I've read where the FPS in the Persistent Universe, with the latest 3.3 PTU patch, has improved dramatically. Some report 30-40% better frame rates and smoother play but there are still the unexplained crashes.

Give it a try again after 3.3 goes live to everybody.

I took the game off my computer Jan of 2017. Almost two years ago. I don't plan on putting it back on until Squadron 42 is release and even then not until I can read some player reviews of it. Everything still 'looks' beautiful... it just doesn't play very well.

I hope the single player SQ42 proves to be a pleasant surprise. Smile

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif