blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Crash
wdboyd
My computer had a meltdown. Everything went black. I couldn't log back in.

Ended up having to re-install Windows 10. A pain in the butt. I lost everything on my c: drive. Everything! Frown

I will have to reload things. May have been a virus.... not sure.

braddw25
That sucks. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Fortunately for me my big gaming tower in the basement has been hands down the most trouble free computer I have ever owned. I was hesitant to buy it at first because the company that made it CyberpowerPC had tons of problems with their early systems. I took a chance because a friend of mine told em that they seemed to have their act together. i do not regret it for one second. The nice thing is, my wife and step daughter are horrifically tough on computers and I have had to reinstall their OS's on several occasions on their laptops. I finally got smart and created backup images for them on my gaming rig which has far more HD space than I will ever need. I also created backup images for my Alpha and for the laptop I use for work. It comes in VERy handy when that type of nonsense occurs. Very sorry to hear of your troubles. If there are any files that you need and I have copies of, let me know and I will upload them here.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yes... I was having weird warnings that my backup drive was disconnected and backups could not be made or accessed. I had not disconnected anything. Mysterious.

Please make available the Talent files we had. I also need the F171 cars you put together for our racing. I have the basic F171 vehicle folder.

I have to re-download many things. Frown

Oh well, it could be worse. My computer could be completely broken. Smile

wdboyd
I need to obtain the F1 67 Track pack. I have been unable to locate it on Rfactor Central.

Do you have a link for it?

Darn... I have to re-do all of my car setups at every track. Frown

braddw25
I am pretty sure I have it. I know I have those tracks installed so at the very least I can zip them and post them here. Will have to wait until I get home from work though. I don't have it here.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Thanks.

I've lost almost everything.

I just looked in our downloads section and found the mod with the 67 tracks that I had placed there. Smile

braddw25
Sorry I didn't get a chance to check my computer for the files you need last night. We went out to eat with the family and then to parents place and I didn't get home until late. Will upload the F171B folder today after work. SHould be early afternoon because we have an early dismissal for Christmas Vacation today. Oh the Joy Ah the Rapture.

wdboyd
Bradd, please include your copy of our F171 Talent files. Wink

I will mesh them up with the ones I have just created. I added one for your teams Mark Donohue and Mark Hobbs and then I will send the updated one back for you.

braddw25
Here you go!
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Thanks.

Updated Added 'Talent' files attached.bluthumb

-------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
I don't seem to have any F171B folder. Where would it be located and did we perhaps download different versions of that mod or something? Mine just says F171.

wdboyd
Nevermind... I discovered how to designate the drivers I wanted in the F171B. I don't have folder either now but the F171B opponent list appears in the game for a race weekend etc.

I have a twenty car field.

By the way... above I have 'updated Talent files' for download that include your two teammates and another one of mine.

braddw25
Ok sounds good. Thanks!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll