blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Racing Season
wdboyd
Curious. Below is the F171 season rfm file. Will we need or want to create our own settings? (our own tracks etc.)

Of course, this may only be set up for single player competition. I'm not sure. Or are we just going to be able to run one race at a time not in a real series?

After checking the game manual... we will need a 'dedicated' server and will need to set it up to run our series. Am I right?

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = F1 1971 V1.0
Track Filter = * (Not sure about this)
Vehicle Filter = OR: F171
SafetyCar = 71_PC.veh

Matchmaker = match.rfactor.net (CAN WE ADD OUR OWN TRACKS?)

Max Opponents = 40 // maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 7 // minimum opponents in championship only

ConfigOverrides
{

SoundDir=GAMEDATASOUNDSF171
OptionsDir=UIDATAF171
VehiclesDir=GAMEDATAVEHICLESF171

}

Season = F1 1971
{
FullSeasonName = F1 1971
Vehicle Filter = F171
BaseCreditMult = 100.0
EntryFee = 0
Min Championship Opponents = 7
SceneOrder (This will need changing)
{
Toban_Long
BIRMINGHAM_MP_SHORT
Toban_Short
troisriv
Mills_Long
Essington_Long
Mills_Short
BIRMINGHAM_MP_CLUB
Orchard_Lake_RC
S_Heights_short
BIRMINGHAM_MP_LONG
S_Heights_Long
MidOhio
}
}

DefaultScoring (I think we could reduce practice and qualification durations in half)
{
RacePitKPH = 300
NormalPitKPH = 300
Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 11:00
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 13:00
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 9:00
Practice3Duration = 45
Practice4Day = Saturday
Practice4Start = 10:15
Practice4Duration = 45
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 13:00
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 30
WarmupDay = Sunday
WarmupStart = 9:30
WarmupDuration = 30
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 14:00
RaceLaps =
RaceTime = 120
}

// Money and experience accumulation (mostly multipliers for hard-coded values
// which have various factors taken into account like number of competitors)
StartingMoney = 1500000 // you might need a little spendin' cash
StartingExperience = 600 // start with 500 experience /// to be changed
StartingVehicle = Brabham_1.veh, // randomly chooses one free vehicle from this list
DriveAnyUnlocked = True // whether player can drive any unlocked vehicle, or if player has to own it
BaseCreditMult = 1.0 // base which is multiplied by all the other multipliers
LapMoneyMult = 1.0 // laps completed (based roughly on expected lap times)
LapExpMult = 1.0
FineMoneyMult = 1.0 // fines
FineExpMult = 0.0
PoleSingleMoneyMult = 1.0 // pole positions in single player
PoleSingleExpMult = 1.0
PoleCareerMoneyMult = 1.0 // pole positions in career mode
PoleCareerExpMult = 1.0
PoleMultiMoneyMult = 1.0 // pole positions in multiplayer
PoleMultiExpMult = 1.0
WinSingleMoneyMult = 1.0 // wins in single player
WinSingleExpMult = 1.0
WinCareerMoneyMult = 1.0 // wins in career mode
WinCareerExpMult = 1.0
WinMultiMoneyMult = 1.0 // wins in multiplayer
WinMultiExpMult = 1.0
PointsSingleMoneyMult = 1.0 // points in single player
PointsSingleExpMult = 1.0
PointsCareerMoneyMult = 1.0 // points in career mode
PointsCareerExpMult = 1.0
PointsMultiMoneyMult = 1.0 // points in multiplayer
PointsMultiExpMult = 1.0

// Season scoring info
SeasonScoringInfo
{
FirstPlace = 9
SecondPlace = 6
ThirdPlace = 4
FourthPlace = 3
FifthPlace = 2
SixthPlace = 1

}

SceneOrder (This will need to be changed)
{
Toban_Long
BIRMINGHAM_MP_SHORT
Toban_Short
troisriv
Mills_Long
Essington_Long
Mills_Short
BIRMINGHAM_MP_CLUB
Orchard_Lake_RC
S_Heights_short
BIRMINGHAM_MP_LONG
S_Heights_Long
MidOhio
}

// Pitstop locations in order from front to back, with the number
// of vehicles sharing each pit ... if the order needs to be
// reversed on an individual track, set "ReversePitOrder=1" in
// the track-specific GDB file.
// These are now "pit group" names, not necessarily team names.
// In the VEH file, the pit group defaults to the team name but
// can be overridden by defining "PitGroup=<name>".
PitGroupOrder
{
// format is: PitGroup = <# of vehicles sharing pit>, <groupname>
PitGroup = 2, Group1 //
PitGroup = 2, Group2 //
PitGroup = 2, Group3 //
PitGroup = 2, Group4 //
PitGroup = 2, Group5 //
PitGroup = 2, Group6 //
PitGroup = 2, Group7 //
PitGroup = 2, Group8 //
PitGroup = 2, Group9 //
PitGroup = 2, Group10 //
PitGroup = 2, Group11 //
PitGroup = 2, Group12 //
PitGroup = 2, Group13 //
PitGroup = 2, Group14 //
PitGroup = 2, Group15 //
PitGroup = 2, Group16 //
PitGroup = 2, Group17 //
}

I have attached a copy of a Rfactor League Manager program. Don't know much about it.

--------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
I believe all we have to do is use wordpad to edit the tracks listed under sceneOrder. Just substitute in the names of the tracks we would like to be included in our season. I have never run a full season online with other humans before. I have run plenty against just the AI, but only single races online against other humans so that will be new territory for me.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
When I last ran Rfactor... I was part of old timer league that ran some early F1 cars. It was all live drivers. But, I was just a driver.. and didn't set anything up or run anything concerning the league.

braddw25
Do you remember if you ran a full season or just a series of individual races? I assume it is possible to run an online season, but I have never done it.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
We ran a full season and the series manager had results and scoring of the events. He may have used the League Manager software to report some of it.

Of course we ran the individual races. I assumed he would set the race up on the rFacter race site with access limited to the league members, (password). We'd sign in... and off to the races.

One has to use the Connect function and set up a race. Say F171.

For example, Connect, find and select F171 and enter the password to start the race scenario. Keeping score for the series is probably related to the above mentioned League Manager Software. I'm not sure.

wdboyd
Bradd,

I've created a F171 .rfm file for single player season races with our carset. AI set at 100% strength. Aggression set at 25%. Everything Seems to work fine. I currently have it set up to run 18 lap races.

I have replaced that long confusing track with the Lemans 67 track.

Rfm file below. Just place it in your games rfm folder. You may want to save the original first.

---------------
wdboyd attached the following file:

wdboyd
I have a couple tracks I would like you to check out. I really like them.

Limerock. Somewhat like Watkins Glen. Nice looking fun track.

Caldwell. I really liked this track when we ran it in my old league. Not an easy track. Quite challenging really. I think I finished in the top five though. I think it is a beautiful looking track. The thing that stood out the most to me was its' changes in elevation. Very well done. I liked it.

Please check them out. If you like them... we can add one or both of them to our racing season.

braddw25
I will check out Caldwell. I've never seen it before. I have raced many times at Limerock though both in game and in real life and I agree it's a really nice little track.

braddw25
William, I have Caldwell downloaded. I have raced a few practice laps. I agree it is a fun and challenging track to race on. Thanks for recommending it. Also, there is a longer version of Limerock availabel somewhere. I had it installed at one point but cannot find it now. Evidently when the track was first being laid out there was a plan to expand it and almost double the size of the track. I remember that extended version being a very neat track to race on with lots more elevation changes and challenges fast sweeping curves. It might be worth our time to find that version and give it a try as well. I think it was called the Limerock mountain course or something like that.

Edit-- I found the version of Limerock I was talking about. See what you think of it.
braddw25 attached the following file:

wdboyd
I will check out the Mtlimerock track.

You are right... the limerock track I have is nice but it is not very long. It also has a bug at one point in the track what one has to patch.

wdboyd
I tested and like this Limerock track with its' fast sweeping turns. I prefer it over the one I currently have.

A problem. With the AI set a 100% I simply cannot create a car setup that is even close to being competitive. Frustrating. My car is always in last place in qualifying and is equally not competitive during any test race.

I assume this is because of the tracks AWI settings.

At most tracks, my basic AI car setups can at least end up in the middle of the pack after qualification with the AI at 100%.

Apparent, the only solution is to turn down the AI strength.

braddw25
Now that you mention it, I remember from before having that same problem with this track. I remember doing something to fix it, but I can't recall what that was. Will do some digging to see if I can figure out what else we might do to tame down the fast AI cars. I think there is something you can do to the track files themselves to tame it down and then not have to adjust the AI setting in the game. I just can't remember exactly what it was that had to be done.

wdboyd
Without changing any files... I turned the AI strength down to 95%. Quite a drop. My AI car was able to qualify 11th. I'll accept that.

In the following race my car worked its' way through the pack and finished 2nd. Smile

Still.... 95% AI strength. Frown

braddw25
I didn't get any time to look at it last night. I am hoping to have some free time this weekend to try to figure out/remember what I did before to the track files.

wdboyd
I found an extra .100 off of my qual times and can crank the AI up to 96% and be competitive.

Still, there IS something off with the AI strength at this track. I suspect it was created and geared towards faster race cars.

I had fun for hours creating a setup to make my teammates competitive.

braddw25
I meant to ask you this the other day and forgot. When you speak of making your team mates competitive, does that mean you are able to assign your setup to only the AI cars you choose to assign it to? If so, how are you doing that? I don't think I've ever done that before.

wdboyd
Actually, the non player AI doesn't seem to fully take advantage of the normally assigned gearing.

I do use MY best player setup as a base.

I then reduce the needed gears so that the non player AI better utilizes my original setups gearing. I then save it as a separate TEAM setup.

I can't get them to perform completely like my player AI car (gearing wise) but I can get it close and see a real improvement in their performance on the track. I even had a team car beat my player AI in a race today.

Select your team cars after highlighting them in the Monitor screen. Escape to the Garage and Assign your TEAM setup as its' default. Do so for all team members.

Give it a try... it is fun when you get your teammates racing much better. Though it is annoying when they bump you out of the way and win the race. Let me know of any success. Wink

braddw25
I didn't know you could do that. Will give it a try for sure. Thanks!

wdboyd
I just had one of my teammates finish second to my AI car. We started 1st. and 2nd.

Although the other teammate didn't do as well in qualifying and started 15th. It was still gratifying to see the second car work its way up from 15th to 9th by the finish of the 16 lap race. bluthumb

I always work to have the entire team finish in the points. Of course it can't always turn out that way. It's fun trying though.

I had one race where we finished 1st, 4th and 7th. So close. !biggrin!

braddw25
That's cool. I have unfortunately had a busy week with real life interference again. Should have Sunday afternoon free for sim life. I can't wait to give this a try.

Have you had any luck with getting your wheel and pedals to work the way you want them to?

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll