blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
BraddW25's new Chariot
braddw25
I can include all of them if you want. How many cars do think we should have in our field?
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

Most likely it was the guy in the 22 Matra. Rumor has it that he is a very sore loser.impatient

Rumors should not be given credence. !wink!

wdboyd
A field of 20-21 shouldn't overload any track facility.

braddw25
Ok will get to work on a list.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
We will need a track list to contend in.

I suggest most of the tracks in the F1 Classic 1967 Trackpack.

Except number 07. I think it is too long and confusing.

I think Lemans Sarthe 1967 should be included along with a race on Indies Oval. Although Lemans is a long track its' layout is rather simple.

What do you think?

braddw25
I agree with what you suggested. Is the long track you referred to the Nurburgring by chance? It is a bitch of a place to race and I agree that it is not a good candidate for inclusion if that is the track you meant.

wdboyd
Yes, I think that is it. It is a maze of a long lap race.

braddw25
I just got our carset finished. I named it F171B. Just unzip the included file into the F171 folder. It will over write the Veh files in the all teams folder for just the cars we want to race against. Then when you are in the game select a race weekend at any track then go to opponents and make sure only F171B is checked. Also make sure you have the game set to race against 20 opponents. I just tested the carset at Indy with a 20 lap race. It appears as though the fastest and best looking driver came out on top once again.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Oh... the #22 won? Wink

braddw25
UFunny

braddw25
Have you tried racing with the new carset yet? Let me know if it works for you. Also, I may have found something helpful for Oval track setups. Try dialing in some stagger as the NASCAR guys call it. Use considerably higher tire pressure on the outside (right) tires and then use negative Camber on the insides. I just ran a race with such a setup and my AI car qualified 6th which was far higher than I was able to do before. The car took the lead on lap 3 and then held it for the remaining 17 laps. The car rolled through the corners MUCH better and was able to stay stuck quite well to the inside groove to prevent any passing attempts from being successful. At one point my AI guy had a rather large lead as the other cars were jockeying for position behind me. Once 5 of them (including some Boyd guy) were able to hook up in a straight line to draft, then were able to close the distance, but in spite of repeated attampts could not get to the inside and make the pass.

Thanks, I have been having a LOT of trouble getting up to qual speed at Indies oval. I will put you suggestions to work.

I've heard of that Boyd guy. People say he's got a heart of gold until he gets behind the wheel of race car. Real split personality syndrome if you ask me.Frown

wdboyd
Everything loaded fine.

But I'm getting two Henri Pescarolo drivers.

One is driving a #22 March team car.
The other is driving the #27 red Mosul car.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Everything loaded fine.

But I'm getting two Henri Pescarolo drivers.

One is driving a #22 March team car.
The other is driving the #27 red Mosul car.

My mistake. I didn't realize that good Ol Henri drove for both the March and Williams teams. Just take the attached veh file and go to the 71_Williams folder and then into the Williams_22 subfolder and overwrite the veh file that's already there. This will replace HP with another driver.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Did I do something wrong... I followed the above direction and now I'm getting two William Boyds.

Believe me... one is more than enough. Smile

I have the Matra #22 which is my car.

I have the Matra #20 which displays William Boyd... but is not me or my car. Car from my team but not me. confused

The Matra #21 displays my team mate Jean Pierre Beltoise correctly. bluthumb

braddw25
Did you accidentally select the 20 car as your car before going into the race? That would cause you to drive that car and the AI William Boyd to drive the other one????

wdboyd
I'll check, but I don't think so. At my age, one never knows. Wink

wdboyd
That must have been it. No duplicate me this time. woot

wdboyd
If you haven't done so already, ensure you place a F121B talent folder into the main 'Talent' folder. Smile

braddw25
Are you sure we need to? I think as long as the new class is part of the original mod then the game should still access the talent files from the F171 Folder. We didn't make a new mod, but rather we just made a new class within an existing mod.

wdboyd
You may be right. But, better safe than sorry. Smile

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif