blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Hockenheim Track
wdboyd
Bradd,

Please download this track. noddingyess

https://www.rfact...Hockenheim

60s version especially.. great track. Wide and FAST. I just did some AI race testing with the Can-Am cars. One seems able to draft behind for faster speed AND be pushed from behind for greater speed and I'm talking over 200 mph. But you have to get close to the other car.

The track layout seems to be set up for the McLaren top end speedsters to dominate. Maybe.

This track seems ideally suited for the Can-Am cars. Should be fun to race on. Smile

braddw25
!salute!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Yes, Hockenheim was always my favorite track in a game called sportscar GT. This game was a predecessor of Rfactor made by the same company. It came out shortly after Grand Prix Legends and set new standards for racing games at the time. Sadly Hockenheim is another of the great tracks of yesterday that has been emasculated in the name of progress. If you download the modern layout of the track you will be hard pressed to even recognize it. Happily we can still run the old layout which is an awesome place to race.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yesterday, during some AI testing at Hockenheim, I ran a F167 race after setting up the gearing for my AI car.

My AI car qualified a weak 12th. but I decided to run the race and see what happened.

Firstly, my car survived a start pile up. Whew... came out of it in ninth. Through the 9 lap race my AI car was agressive and passed car after car.

The funny thing was, that I felt like it was actually me making each pass. I caught myself audibly say "Yea, way to go!". I laughed and reminded myself that it wasn't actually me driving. The race continued to its' finish with my car making pass after pass.

I had (AI driver) worked my way through the field to finish in 'second' place! It felt very gratifying.

If the race would have been two or three laps longer, I think (my AI) would have won the race. What a rush. I felt like I was not only watching a race... I was participating in the race. I know, I know... I need to get a grip on reality.

Regardless, I increased my test race length from 9 to 12 laps. Next time..... the win!

Fun stuff. !biggrin!
---------------

braddw25
It is very gratifying to watch that happen even if you are only responsible for the setup on the car that allows it to perform that well!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll