sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Car Selection
braddw25
What model is your wheel again?
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Thrustmaster TMX FFB

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Odd discovery. I went to other tracks besides Silverstone and the wheel functions!

What in the world would cause Silverstone not to work. Doesn't work at all tracks.

But, it still behaves badly at other tracks. Starts out with the motor revving in 1st gear, crashing all around.

At least it is working. confused

That is extremely odd. I can't imagine what would cause your wheel to work at some tracks but not at others.

This is a longshot, but have you tried verifying your local files from Steam? Sometimes when one adds lots of mods to GTR2 it can cause all manner of strange things to happen. Sometimes mod files overwrite some of the stock game files and cause things to work fine for one mod but not for others. I have never seen it happen in RFactor, but the two games are based on the same game engine so it might be worth a shot to try that.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I tried the rFacter stock track a Toban. I behaved the same there.

I check on verifying things.

braddw25
I think you have to go into steam and right click on Rfactor then go into properties if I recall correctly.

wdboyd
Throttle stuck a full power until out of pit area... then normal control.

Weird stuff.

wdboyd
Currently, the wheel works as it should at the Monza track of the 1967 server track pack.

That's one. I wonder why it works properly there? Not that I am complaining.

braddw25
It sounds to me like this is similar to those weird problems I described with GTR2. Although if it was exactly like those, your wheel should work with all the tracks of a given mod which I believe you indicated is not the case. It works on one of the 1967 tracks but not on others.

Did you try to verify your files in steam? If one of the stock game's files did get overwritten by one of the mods you installed, that will put the stock file back in and often times will solve problems like this in GTR2 at least. As I mentioned before I have never encountered anything of this nature in Rfactor before.Frown

wdboyd
In reference to file verification, there was one file that needed updated. But I don' think that changed anything.

There are some tracks where the car isn't stuck in first a full revs but it just sits there and nothing can be done with it.

Since things seem so messed up currently.. I may just delete everything rFactor and reload the F167 mod only and see if things improve.

Then I'll add the Can-Am mod. I'll have to backup our car files for later inclusion.

braddw25
twothumbsup

wdboyd
Ok... I just deleted Rfactor and reinstalled.

Loaded up the F167 mod only. Restored our cars.

Set the controller up in the game. Entered Silverstone track.

What happened... come on.. what happened.....

Everything worked perfectly. I could drive the car. woot

That implicates rFactor or the mods as causing the problems... not the wheel.

I haven't checked any other tracks yet. But, they should be ok.

Now to load up the Can-Am mod. Wink

wdboyd
My Can-Am car loaded and worked at Silverstone.

Man, those Can-Am cars are a handful.

The F167 and Can-Am mods seem ok. woot

I'm beginning to think it was my rfactor install.

braddw25
That is fantastic news!!! Sometimes when mods are installed things get goofed up for one reason or another. This has been true of the simbin games especially, but evidently it can happen to Rfactor as well! Glad you got your wheel problems worked out though!

wdboyd
These problems have delayed my getting the wheel settings configured to my liking.

Things work alright in the ProTrainer mod too. I really like the way these cars feel.

Fun to drive. Except for all the gear shifting. 7 gears. Smile

braddw25
Does your Steering wheel have paddle shifters or do you use some other means of shifting gears?

wdboyd
It has paddle shifters. There is a gearbox addon from Thrustmaster that is compatible with the system.

Actually, I like the wheel I have. It's pretty good.

braddw25
That's good. I'm glad you are finding it to your liking now that the game is working properly with it. I really like mine a lot too. I paid more for it than I really wanted to, but it's hard to regret it now that I have been using it for a while and its never given me any problems whatsoever.

Do you like using the paddle shift or would you prefer a gear lever. I have both options on mine and even though I didn't like it at first I now prefer the paddle shift system.

wdboyd
Paddle shift suits me fine, especially with Openwheel racing. May try a seperate shifter in the future though.

First priority, equipment wise, a driving stand. Darn pedals are a problem.

braddw25
My stand is similar to this one. Very happy with how it works.

https://www.games...-27511410/

wdboyd
Yes, that is a good basic stand.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif