blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Car Selection
wdboyd
I've decided to campaign in the Can-Am series with the Porsche!

I know, I know.. I haven't been able to get it to perform up to the rest of the cars standards. But, I like the look of it and its' cockpit. Besides, I can update it with an available better motor and then it will have equitable horsepower at least.

With that in mind, could you make me my own Porsche. I'd rather not drive the name drivers 0 car. Of course a number will have to be selected to one available.

If you have decided what your are going to drive you could create it too. Boy, am I sounding free with your time and effort. Smile

Numbers in 1971 available: 3,4,8,9,10, 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 through 21. 43,45,46,47. There are plenty to choose from.

------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Edited by wdboyd on 06-11-2017 18:31

braddw25
Sure thing. Will get to work on making a new Porsche tonight after work. I already did that blue reskin of the McClaren for me to use, so I will just stick with that one.

Just a heads up, if you do switch motors, you might have to change your gearbox file as well to enable selection of gears that will correctly use the added power. There is some ability to adjust that in game, but often when one switches motors, the old gearbox file won't work optimally to take full advantage of the new engine.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Great! Ensure you provide me a copy of your re-skinned Mclaren.

Nice to know about the possible gearbox conflict. I hadn't considered that. Although, I have upgraded the engine and did not notice any 'obvious' problem.

I could do some gearbox setting comparison. bluthumb
Edited by wdboyd on 06-11-2017 09:28

wdboyd
Bradd, currently the Can-Am 1971 season provides us with only eleven (11) cars. That isn't that many.

That is why I wanted to run the 1970 season cars too. The problem is that there are duplicate numbered cars between the years and some cars in the 1970 season aren't competitive.

From what I have seen the BRM #01 and #98 are good candidates for use. They do not have conflicting numbers and add a different manufacturer to the scenario. They would bring the total of Can-Am cars to thirteen (13).

I have deleted the Autocoast and March707 teams from the 1970 series. Along with the #5 Mclaren driven by Pedro Rodrigues because it is a duplicate #5 in relation to the 1971 season cars.

Also, there are three number 1 Lolas in 1971. I deleted the 'early' and 'late' version to avoid having all three load into a race. I kept the 'mid' Lola. A New Lola Team folder included below.

Please place the 'Teams' folder attached in your Vehicles/CAN-AM/BRMP154 Folder. It would make all the changes indicated.

Replace the 1971 Lola folder with the one attached.

Of course you can make a backup copy of your original folders first.

---------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:

Edited by wdboyd on 06-11-2017 10:29

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Great! Ensure you provide me a copy of your re-skinned Mclaren.

Nice to know about the possible gearbox conflict. I hadn't considered that. Although, I have upgraded the engine and did not notice any 'obvious' problem.

I could do some gearbox setting comparison. bluthumb

That's good. If the current gearbox is working fine then you should be good to go. If you do notice any problems, the solution is easy. You can just use the gearbox file from the same car you borrowed the engine file from. If the car you borrowed from was a Porsche, then chances are the gearbox files are not significantly different.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I ran a couple AI test races at the 67 Silverstone track. I increased the AI to 105% to better compete with my Porsche AI setup.

Silverstone seems to have a pretty good racing line. Ran with 13 cars. The Can-Am AI raced well and pretty much stayed on the track.

We can use this track. Give it a try.

Problems at the back of the field at the start was noticed.

Ferarris blow a lot of engines. Smile

------------------------

braddw25
Which Silverstone is that? Is that an Historical version or is it the modern version?

wdboyd
The F1 CLASSIC 67 Server Track Pack

It is a 1967 version. I like it.

The ProTrainer mod cars run 'very well' at this Silverstone track too. Nice looking cars.

braddw25
Awesome. Yes I always preferred the classic configuration as well. The modern version has been changed too much albeit in the name of safety, but still I think they ruin the character of the circuit. I think the track called southhampton or something like that which was included with the Rfactor install is actually the modern day Silverstone. If you get a chance try it out and I think you'll see what I mean.

braddw25
Here she is!!

Now available in the download's section! My McClaren is there also.
braddw25 attached the following file:

Edited by braddw25 on 06-11-2017 17:26

wdboyd
Wow! It looks great. Outstanding work. !eek!

wdboyd
Bradd the cars. Loaded fine. bluthumb

There is a possible problem with Mario Andretties #1. Also Mario is already represented in a Ferrari S.p.a. Car.

Also, there already is a #1, the Lola of Stewart. It may not matter. I'll run some test races and see.

Also, We need a car with 'your' name displayed. Do you plan on creating a special one for yourself?

If you decide to change its number... refer to the first post. It has available numbers listed.
Edited by wdboyd on 06-11-2017 18:30

braddw25
Yes, I completely forgot that I had written Mario's name into the veh file. It can be switched to my name using notepad. I don't think having two number 1s will matter. However, if it does, I can change my car to another unused number.

wdboyd
Ok.. I'll change it to your name.

The number may not matter... since they are two different of cars.

braddw25
!salute!

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Wow! It looks great. Outstanding work. !eek!

Thanks! Be sure to tell the professor how much I have learned. LOL A far cry from the day when he said he was willing to hand someone toilet paper but refused to show them how to use it. LOL

braddw25
I just went downstairs and ran short 5 lap race with the F167 cars. I have to say I am completely ASTOUNDED at how well this mod captures the look, feel and sound of one of my favorite games of all time, Grand Prix Legends. I don't know if you are familiar with it or not, but GPL was the first racing game that utilized 3d graphics back in the 90s. When I first bought it, the computer I had did not have a good enough video card to render in true 3d. I remember the awe factor of the first time I fired it up with a true 3d video card. I had a similar feeling just now when I saw those same cars rendered in this far more advanced game. They look absolutely fantastic. A true masterpiece of a mod in mod opinion. As for the race, I was able to qualify on pole and then hold off several hard charges from Chris Amon, Jackie Stewart, and the great one himself Jimmy Clark. A truly awesome digital experience!

wdboyd
I remember GPL.

I agree, the F167 mod is outstanding. Which mod did you run? There are two 1967 racing mods. Was it the one for which you made my #13 car. That is the one I have been working with. It's the one that came with the track pack.

I should be getting my wheel some day this week. Then I can stop watching the AI race and really take part.

If you try the 67 Pro wheels, you better be ready for a lot less grip from what I saw the AI doing.

braddw25
Yes, it was the mod that has your #13 in it. Just outstanding. Its awesome just to watch the AI run the cars, but even better yet in my opinion when you can drive yourself. Something for you to look forward to when you get your wheel!!!

wdboyd
noddingyess

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif