blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
1967 Spa
braddw25
If you fancy a place that will REALLY let one of these Can Am monsters stretch its legs, then here is the place. Spa in Belgium is not far from where the Battle of the Bulge took place. It is said to be one of the most beautiful race tracks in the world as far as scenery is concerned. I've never been there, but I've watched races there on TV and I can't disagree. This is the original layout of the track which is very different from the newer version which is both smaller and slower. I think it will be quite obvious why they had to change the layout when you drive it for the first time. I have yet to be able to get the AI to drive my McClaren a single lap without wrecking. But oh so much fun to watch it thunder down the LONG straights and sweeping turns.

https://www.rfact...mps%201967
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I'll check it out.

wdboyd
Whew... that is a fast and long track. I couldn't get the Lola around the track either. There seems to be at least two places that can't be maneuvered through.

braddw25
Yeah I think it's just a matter of too much speed for the AI to handle. If you get a chance try one of the 67 F1 cars out. They actually ran that course in real life as part of the 1967 season. I'm pretty sure this track is converted from a game called Grand Prix Legends which was based on the 1967 season.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Just ran a test run with the Lotus at the mods included Spa track.

Best Lap Time: 3:13.362

Pretty good racing line. Only adjustments made we to prevent red lining in final gear. Very long track. Might be fun to run.

----------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
It was always my Favorite track besides Watkins Glen67 when I played Grand Prix Legends.

I didn't even notice that it was included in the mod pack. DUH. Does it appear to be the same as the one I posted the link to?

wdboyd
Yes, it seems to be same basic track layout but seems to run a bit slower.

I just ran some test laps with the 67 Lotus at this included track.

Best Lap Time: 3:18.217

Adjusted the gear ratio up and minor gear changes only.

wdboyd
Ran a quick test with the 71 Can-Am Lola at the 67 included series track. It ran about 6 seconds faster than the 67 Lotus. This track seems to have a better race line.

At least the Can-Am car stayed on the course.

3:12.110

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif