blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
DonnyBrooke
braddw25
Here is the correct pic with the AI doing the driving.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Whew... that is a relief. I was beginning to think your were an unapproachable AI setup wizard.

Our M8 times are actually very close. Smile

braddw25
LOL, sadly I think I might be better at driving than setting up a car for the AI. The AI doesn't do well with setups I make for myself and vice versa. The AI tends to do better with a tighter setup than I like to drive with, and I find AI setups to be far too tight for my liking. As a result I have decided to keep the setups I intend to drive with separate from those I do for the AI. I do enjoy playing the role of crew chief and setting the car up for the AI to drive, but I also like to drive sometimes too. My setups that I use for myself just don't work well for the AI though.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
If I remember correctly.. I always had to change my setups for the cars I drove. I like my cars to feel and perform a particular way and that normally isn't the best for the AI.

All I have really been adjusting for the AI are the gearing, fuel amount, tire selection and Rear Anti Roll Bar. Sometimes minor changes to rear tire PSI. Actually, I would do more but I don't remember what the other adjustments and settings actually do. I will have to re-learn these things before going live.

I've noted that AI doesn't drive like me for some reason. How can that be? !biggrin!

braddw25
Generally speaking, the way I do setups is to first make sure the castor/camber and Toe in are aligned correctly so as to make the tire temps on the inside center and outside be the same. That way you are sure to be maximizing the mechanical grip from the tires.I have found that the default setups for these Can Am cars nearly always take care of that for you. ONce I am sure mechanical grip is good, then I try to see if the car is understeering (tight) or oversteeting (loose) for a tight condition you want more grip up front. The way to get that is to increase the front downforce with more front wing or by either softening the front springs or hardening the rears or a combination of the two. Also decreasing the stiffness of the front track bar can help. If the car is oversteeting (Loose) the the opposite is true and one should try to increase rear grip by softening the rear springs or hardening the fronts, giving more rear wing, and loosening the rear track bar.

wdboyd
Thanks. It will come back to me eventually. Learning is doing.

braddw25
The power came back on, so it's test day once again at the Williamson homestead!. I was able to really go to work on the M8F and got some good results with the AI setup. Interestingly, I tried driving with this setup, but I'm actually a second slower than I was with the setup I used to post the earlier time today. Once again, the AI setup is too tight for my liking.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Good job. Best time here. Shock

I found a groove editor. I will attempt to correct the berm/racing line problem here.

I have to learn how to use the editor.
Edited by wdboyd on 29-10-2017 15:34

braddw25
!salute!

wdboyd
May I assume you like the McLaren? !biggrin!

braddw25
Yes, that would be a safe assumption!. I like the Lola also, but the Mac is my favorite. As I mentioned before, I like the M6 even better than the m8, but they are fairly similar in all but the rear wing design.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll