icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
DonnyBrooke
wdboyd
Lola T260 at DonnyBrooke

Best Lap Time: 1:28.191

This track is a wide and fast. It seems to have a good AI racing line.

-------------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Porsche 917 PA at DonnyBrooke

Best Lap Time: 1:29.975

Noticed a curb on the inside of a righthand turn that upset the AI Porsche each lap. Nothing serious I suppose but it is noticeable and probably should not be happening.

---------------------------------

wdboyd
Ferrari S.p.a. At DonnyBrooke

Best Lap Time: 1:29.737

Seems the curb problem affects all cars.

----------------------------------------

wdboyd
McKlaren M8K At Donnybrooke

Best Lap Time: 1:27.370

I notice another minor racing line anomaly with a curb.

The McKlaren was the fastest in almost stock setup mode. I did very little adjustments to it.

All cars qualification best lap speeds are displayed in image.

-----------------------------

braddw25
Looks like someone was up late last night.!biggrin!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Just a bit. Well, I was awake and thinking.... what can I do?

I know, I know.... I'll do some car testing at Donnybrooke. One thing led to another and.... so on and so on.

As I mentioned above... there are some minor problems with the AI driving line a DonnyBrooke.

If I remember correctly, there is or was a method to set up a driving line, by the player, for any chosen track. I remember doing it but don't remember the process required. Do you know anything about that?

---------------------------------------

braddw25
Unfortunately, that is one area of the game that I have never gotten into tweaking. There is a really good forum with very helpful people for all aspects of these racing sims here. I bet if you go to the RFactor section and post questions there will be someone there who can help you.

http://www.nogrip.../index.php
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Apparently the game has a AIW file is plain text, that can be open and edited with notepad; it defines the waypoints the AI follow (along with other parameters such as qualifying and race speeds, pit and grid positions, etc.)

May be able to 'slightly' modify the effected curb waypoint to eliminate the anomaly.

braddw25
I believe that is correct although I have never opened an AIW file myself. You might need a program called 3dSimEd to open up the track mesh though to see where the waypoints actually are, and where you want to move them to. My guess is that it's similar to placing weapon locations in Starshatter. If you can't look at the mesh, you won't know where to put the waypoints. 3dsimed is free to use for a 30 day (I think) trial period after which you have to buy a unlock key if you want to continue to use it. I have the program and can assist you if you don't want to buy it after your trial runs out.

http://sim-garage...

wdboyd
Thanks, I'll check it out.

The curb problem at Donnybrook is actually minor but it annoys me. I'm sick that way. Angry

braddw25
Nothing wrong with striving for perfection. I've been fussing with a car in GTR2 for the better part of 3 weeks trying to get the steering wheel rotation right. Its only off by maybe 5 degrees at the most, but it's driving me completely insane.

wdboyd
The problem is that the driving line only has to be moved to the left 1-2 feet to avoid the problem.

Interestingly the Porsche doesn't incur the contact. Maybe because it is a narrower car. I'm not sure.

It may not be worth the effort to fix.

braddw25
I will check out Donnybrook when I get a chance. I am curious to see what is going on with it.

braddw25
I see what you mean now. My guess is that the modder who made this track discovered that the slight blip sideways at the apex of that turn cost less time than moving the racing line out which in effect would cause the car to miss the apex altogether.

wdboyd
There was once an AIW editor one could use to run and log ones own AI lines for inclusion. Apparently it is no longer available.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

There was once an AIW editor one could use to run and log ones own AI lines for inclusion. Apparently it is no longer available.

Check the downloads section. I think I may have found it.

wdboyd
I found another one... will need to learn how to use it. I'll download the one you found.

Update... that's the one I just found. Smile

braddw25
Been working on the M8 this morning.
braddw25 attached the following file:

Edited by braddw25 on 28-10-2017 12:45

wdboyd
Darn... almost 3 seconds better than M8 AI time. Shock

What did you do to get nearly 3 seconds better?

I dd little work on the M8. It seems I need to do some adjustments. Smile

-------------------------------------

braddw25
oh crap. Sorry. I posted the wrong pic. That was me, not the AI. My AI time was just over 1:28 as I recall.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll