blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Watkins Glen
wdboyd
The 67 track may be much more compatible with the Can-Am cars.

wdboyd
Yes, I'll do some testing with the Lotus and Brabham cars and compare the lap time results.bluthumb

braddw25
I am betting that it will be. It was well knows as the fastest track in North America and should be just perfect for Can Am racing. That is what led me to suggest that we find that layout.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
67 car model comparison laps.

There was no significant difference in test lap times. !wink!

Lotus: 1:03.405

Brabham: 1:03.485

BRM: 1:03.567

I think this mod was set up for league racing. I suspect the cars are all the same basically. We can tinker with the setup and get some improvement, but basically the cars physical performance seem identical.

Included in the mod are driver talent files that set the drivers tendencies and have many different ratings. That makes them act and perform differently on the track.

------------------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
I bet that is the case. It probably was done for a league. Do the car models look different or do they appear to just be different paint jobs on the same model?
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
No, the car models look different. Very good by the way.

The cockpits are very good too. (see below)

71 Lola T260 At 67 Watkins Glen

Best Lap Time: 1:00.664

This was basically the Default Setup for the Lola with the following minor adjustments.

Fuel for 5 Laps
Radiator set to 1
Rev Limit +200

We should be able to get it under 1:00.

-----------------------------------

Edited by wdboyd on 30-10-2017 17:51

wdboyd
Different 67 F1 Models.

--------------------------

wdboyd
71 McLaren At 67 Watkins Glen

Best Lap Time: 0:59.884

Default setup. Minor changes listed below.

Radiator set to 1
Fuel for five laps.
Rev limit +1

-----------------------

wdboyd
71 Porsche 917PA At 67 Watkins Glen

Best Lap Time: 1:02.196

Poor Porsche. Frown

----------------------------

braddw25
Are you going to put the 67 mod in the downloads section? I have tried downloading it from the link, but all it will do is just refresh the page instead of actually downloading anything.

wdboyd
Yes, I will attempt it today. Sorry, I meant to do it yesterday. Old age ya know. Frown

wdboyd
Mod has been added to our downloads page. Smile

braddw25
Thanks!!!!bigsmile

braddw25
Best time so far on the 67 Track layout.
braddw25 attached the following file:

braddw25
Some interesting history of arguably one of the most important race tracks in North America. I have driven the original course and in fact did so just last summer when Missy and I took a weekend trip to the Glen. In my younger and stupider days I drove that same course much faster in a souped up Ford Maverick to see if we could match or beat the times of the original racers from the 40s and 50s. Such activity is obviously frowned upon, but I'm told it still happens. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love that area of the country. So much motorsport history and MANY other cool things to do there.

https://www.hemmi...urse-maps/

wdboyd
Haven't been able to beat your M8 time. !salute!

braddw25
Its the Ford emblem on the front of my car. It naturally makes the car run better. LOL

wdboyd
smconfused

wdboyd
Downloaded the ProClassTrainer mod for rFactor. It comes with very nice looking models.

They are F1 trainers with seven gears. Please check it out. I took one out on the 67 Watkins Glen track with the AI in a default setup before I went to bed.

Best Lap Time: 0:58.811

These could be fun to run on the 67 track series. They are not overpowered.

----------------------------

braddw25
Wow, that is a cool looking car. Must be pretty fast as well. I will check this one out. Did you get it from Rfactor Central? Thanks for sharing!rock on

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll