blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Mosport
wdboyd
Just finished testing the 1971 PorschePA at Mosport. Put a lot of laps in.

Afraid I couldn't get it below the 1:13 area. Time comparative to your MaClaren time.

I do like the racing line provided at Mosport. It is good just like at Road America

Best Mosport lap time displayed.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
I am currently working with that same car. So far I have not been able to get below 1:14.

I think it's cool to compare two cars like the McClaren and the Porsche that get similar lap times, but do so in VERY different ways. The MAC does it with acceleration and top speed down the straights while the Porsche excels with cornering speeds. I think these two would make it VERY interesting in an actual race.
Edited by braddw25 on 25-10-2017 13:16
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Challenging but engrossing fun. Wink

Guess what... I think I forgot to save the final setup for the Porsche! Shock

My notes better be clear.

On to the Lola next.

I agree with the differences in the cars... make for some interesting race setup strategies and makes the track layout important for different cars.

braddw25
Its kind of amazing how much fun one can have with this game without even driving isn't it? jumping
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yes it and Yes... I did forget to save my Porsche setup. Duh.

Surprisingly, I was able to read the scribble of my notes and remake it. Not only that... in only 13 laps of testing I improved my time. 1:13.295

Smile

braddw25
Awesome. That is a really good time for that car from what I have experienced. I've thrown about everything I know to throw at it and still haven't gotten below 1:14.

wdboyd
Want be to post my setup for you to try?

braddw25
Just an aside. I am working on getting the McClaren M6 converted from GTR2. I think I mentioned before that it is my favorite Can-AM car and in fact I can usually drive it faster than the generally more powerful M8. Its just a more forgiving car to drive at the limit in my opinion and also has better aerodynamics at the cost of less downforce.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Want be to post my setup for you to try?

Sure I'll give it a try. If you want any of mine, let me know too.

Thanks!!salute!

wdboyd
Sounds great about the M6. I just hope it doesn't unbalance anything car wise.

Oh, I typed the wrong time in the setup... it should read 113 not 115. It is the correct setup though.

Need to get my head out of my butt. confused

braddw25
I don't think the M6 will cause any balance problems. In GTR2 it is generally slower than the M8 when driven by the AI. It just fits my driving style better so I personally am usually faster with the M6 than the M8. If it does turn out to create problems we can always add ballast to it.!smile!!wink!

wdboyd
Its kind of amazing how much fun one can have with this game without even driving isn't it?

I think I know why. We input data to change the AI performance. When those changes are reflected in the game while we watch, especially if there is an improvement, we get a sense of gratification.

I know when a change beats my best time, I audibly say 'Oh yea' or something of that sort.

Maybe it's the control freak in me. bigsmile

braddw25
Nice setup. I just did a 1:13.693 in my first trip out with it.

wdboyd
Great... I just wish I could get it under 1:13.

braddw25
The interesting part to me is that in order for me to get the car to go faster I had to reduced the stiffness of the rear springs considerably whereas you did not. Besides that, the most significant difference in our setups is the gearbox. Very interesting. I shall have to do some studying of how/why the choice of gears you came up with is making for better lap times. THIS IS SO FRIGGING MUCH FUN.

wdboyd
Yes it is... and a challenge

wdboyd
Lola T260 at Mosport.

After relatively few test laps... the Lola easily got under 1:13.

1:12.278. That's nearly a second faster than the Porsche!

Darn it is fast. Appears to run a bit loose. Still, can't argue with the time. !eek!

wdboyd
McLaren M8 at Mosport!

This is one fast car. Easily the best 'default' setup. Few laps run or needed.

I was hitting 205 and the end of the longest straight!

Best time: 1:11.949

The Lola and the McLaren are very close in best lap times.

braddw25
twothumbsup Awesome. I guess there was a reason why the McClaren team was the top team until the debut of the Porsche 917 30

wdboyd
Ferrari S.p.a. at Mosport

Not much adjustment made.

Best Farrari lap time: 1:13.364. That puts it right next to the Porsche's best of 1:13.295.

-------------------

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll