sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Reminicent
wdboyd
Salutations,

I remember an air battle I had while flying a bf109 in WW2 Online. A British Spitfire engaged me. We shot, maneuvered, shot and twisted all over the sky. We ended up pretty close to the ground. I simply couldn't get a good bead on his plane and neither could he on mine. I had my flaps down about 10% to be able to turn fight with the Spit. I think it surprised the Brit player. This went on for 10-15 minutes. If felt longer. When I ran out of ammo, I picked an opportune moment, dove to the deck and fled away.

The next day I was on their website and a Spitfire pilot called out to a bf109 pilot that he had engaged and was unable to take out. He gave the time of the encounter and it was at the same time I had engaged a Spitfire. He went on to write his thanks to the pilot that had given him a run for his money. He wrote that he had expected to take out the 109 easily in a turning battle. He too had run out of ammo and was grateful when I had sped away.

It was gratifying to have my flying skill appreciated, even though neither one of us won. Obviously, I still remember and cherish this experience years later. I can also remember the hours I spent flying the craft to the point of being able to safely fly it through the simulations hangars. All that practice paid off. I earned my Ace rating in that simulation. But alas, that was years ago. I'm and older fart now.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Very cool story. Thanks for sharing. I better quit picking on you about that time I flamed you in SS multiplayer. You must be one hell of a dogfighter to take on Spit in a close in dogfight with an Me-109. Most impressive.Confused1
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I have a 325a being built along with a 315p. I look forward to learning to fly it. I've been looking at some Flight Seats and HOTAS gear online.

Oh... the low frame rate was a BIG factor in that SS engagement. That is my story (true) and I'm sticking to it.

Lucan
Good show! Cheers! *I couldn't resist*

Anyway, some of the best encounters I've had (in PvP situations) were ones that ended in a draw. It's certainly a good feeling when your are acknowledged as as worth-mentioning opponent. Grin

As far as turning engagements go, the 109 is probably one of the best planes for mixing it up in low-speed duels. Allied craft usually stall out before the 109 does.

braddw25
Speaking of reminiscent, I just got done playing what I consider to be the best mission ever created for Starshatter. That would be William's Solcom mission 17 pullback disruption. My favorite part is when the flagship Cleaver radios Bismarck and tells him he's going to die to which Bismarck replies "Charge your weapons, asshole." It's hard to believe that as many times as I've played that mission, I am still finding out new things. Tonight I decided to jump to the adjoining sectors and I found a neat little surprise there. I won't go into details for those who have never experienced this, but it only adds to the fun and replay ability of a great mission. Kudos, Mr. Boyd!!salute!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Thanks. Yes, that is one of my favorite and best missions. Commander Jonathan Bismark has a way with words.

I included several variables in the mission to keep it fresh for replay. I'm pleased you like it.

Wink

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif