blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Hot laps at Riverside
braddw25
William,

Sorry old buddy.rock on
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
asad

Oh well, all I had done was change some gearing and lessened wing load by one.

Back to the pits I guess.

braddw25
I have two different versions of riverside. They seem to be fairly close to identical. Here is the best time I could get on the FM version that you directed me to. I used the same setup as I used on the other version of the track that I used for my earlier attemps and the time was not a whole lot different.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Latest best time.

Better... but not better than yours.
wdboyd attached the following file:

braddw25
twothumbsup

braddw25
Small improvement.

wdboyd
Great AI time!

I've improved a little bit too.

braddw25
I just cheated and went downstairs and drove some laps myself.

wdboyd
So much for the AI eh. Nice time.

My AI time improved slightly... I don't think there is much more I can do with the AI.

wdboyd
I finally got the AI into the 146 area. Smile

braddw25
I believe we may very well be approaching the point of diminishing returns with the AI. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to take a spin myself. I am turning in for the evening, but will try again tomorrow to see how far we can push the envelope. It might be instructive for us to compare notes at some point to see if we can glean anything from each other to make further improvements.

wdboyd
I've only dealt with the wing setting, tire compound, radiator size. I've been able to hit 215 mph at the end of the large straight.

I may be able to improve the corner handling somehow to give some minor improvement. I don't know. I've forgotten most of the setup insights I once had. I need a basic refresher.

Goodnight. Wink

Setup file below.

braddw25
Try experimenting with the suspension. These cars tend to need lots of rear wheel grip. I having been trying either stiffening the front or softening the rear to jack the weight bias rearward. The problem you run into is getting excessive body roll when you soften the rear up too much. You can compensate with the anti roll bar to some extent.

wdboyd
A mission for tomorrow.

braddw25
I found a 1967 version of Mosport. Its in the download section. This track has always been a personal achillies heel for me. I have never been able to get a good working setup nor drive the course particularly well. I am not sure that I have ever tried it in Rfactor though so we shall see at some point.

wdboyd
Downloaded.

Narrow fast course. Will probably be difficult to pass safely.

Oh, I was running an AI race at Mosport to check out the track while running the Lolas. In the 1971 team listing under the Lolas there are 'three' number ones.

Early Version #1
Mid Version #1
Late Version #1

The problem is that all three show up at the track at the same time. This may cause scoring problems in any races we run. Any ideas.

wdboyd
Been doing some investigations with all the Can-Am cars. Problems with duplicate cars being displayed during races.

We can confidently run 1970, 1971, 1973 and 1974 at the same time. With changes to 1971 Lola cars.

1972 has the same 17 numbered Lola T260 - Not running this year
1969 has the same 0 numbered Porsche - Not running this year

Now... 1971 Lola T260 has three cars listed with the number 1. Not a good idea. They all show up.

I suggest we delete (if we can) the Early Haas version and the Late Haas version and go with the Mid version for our racing. I currently like the Lola and the Porsche, although they don't seem to have the top end that the Mclaren and Farraris have. They seem to handle a bit better. Of course, that is just based upon watching the AI race.

Thoughts? Opinions. Smile

wdboyd
I just deleted the 1971 Early and Late Haas Lola T260s models.

Problem resolved. I saved a copy of the Team folder though.

braddw25
Sorry I didn't get back to you on this until now. Job stuff and all LOL. I will take a look at those duplicate cars. Chances are there is a way to set up races that will prevent duplicates from being loaded. If not, then deleting as you did is always sure to work.

braddw25
Yes, in regard to Mosport, as I eluded to before it is a pain in the ass to race on. Narrow with very few really good passing opportunities. Its a challenge for sure.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll