blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Website Problem
braddw25
I wanted to check to see if everyone else is seeing the same thing that I'm seeing. When I first sign on this page, the banner that William made shows up at the top and then promptly disappears. If I click the area where it should be it shows up again but quickly goes away. Is anyone else seeing this, and does anyone know what might cause this? Other images are also doing the same thing such as the forum ranking images which show up at first and then quickly go away replaced by just the text of whatever your forum rank is. No idea what would be causing this, but it happens on every computer that I use and not just one of them, so I'm thinking something is up with our page here. Any ideas??
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Salutations,

It only changes in those rare occasions when I have to manually login. Afterwards it goes into the page with my banner.

I suspect it is page style or Theme conflict. In my Profile I have designated the "Black" Theme.

braddw25
As best I can tell, this must be an internet explorer issue. I booted up my old Dell computer today which has IE 9 on it and everything showed up just fine on our site here. My laptop and newer desktop both have IE 10, and those two have the problem. I am now using mozilla firefox on my laptop and everything is showing up just fine, so I'm concluding that something in this site's coding is not playing nice with internet explorer 10. Just curious, anyone else have a similar experience?
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
In addition, I can now confirm that everything is showing up while using good chrome as a browser as well. Not sure why it isn't working with IE10, but at least I can view the site as it's supposed to look with William's awesome banner at the top.woot

braddw25
I have found the solution to this problem that I logged some time ago. If anyone is having problems with some of the graphics of this site not showing up as they should, the problem is indeed with internet explorer 10. If the banner at the top of the page for example is not showing or only shows when the page first loads and then disappears, it is due to a compatibility issue with IE10. The solution is to click on the compatibility mode icon in the address window at the top of the page. This icon is just to the left of the reload arrow. This will run the site in compatibility mode and then all the missing graphics will be visible. Just wanted to pass this along for anyone who may have experienced the same problem that I was having.Grin

wdboyd
Bradd,

You may want to PM all members with this information.

Oh, I've been having problems applying smileys to my posts. Odd.Sad

Very odd... I turned OFF Compatbilty View and was able to select the above smiley. But the top banner stopped displaying. Weird.

I guess I'll get by without using smileys.

braddw25
Apparently Internet explorer 10 has a few bugs that need to be worked out of it. I have noticed strange things with the smileys too. Sometimes all the Smileys are available and at other times only about 2/3 of them are. Not sure what the deal is.

braddw25
You might want to try either google chrome or mozilla firefox. I have had far fewer issues with those two browsers than with IE10.Confused1

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll