blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Multiplayer Questions
Sunlite
Hey everyone. I remember there was a guide for this on the old forum but I didn't see it here. Is it still possible to do multiplayer in this game? I know the official servers are long dead but I remember there was some sort of method to make it work, I just can't remember how it was done. Were you supposed to use a program like hamachi, or was there something more to it? If anyone remembers that would be great. I also remember reading something about the new free version of the game being incompatible with any form of MP, is that true or am I remember things wrong? Doesn't matter for me personally since I have the actual disc myself, but that might ruin my plans for setting up a game with my friends.

wdboyd
Salutations,

If I remember correctly, version 5.0.3 still offers multiplay as a LAN type over the net. IP addresses must be exchanged. Those connected must have the same version of the simulation and probably the same mission to contend in or cooperate in. If you all use the games stock multiplay missions it should be no problem. It has and can be done.

Oh, if any of you have custom craft... they too must be shared or online problems will arise.

Good luck.

Later versions of the game do not have multiplay. The key is greyed out.

"In order to run it off a personal server, you will have to add the -LAN text at the end of the .exe filename by creating a shortcut.

Example below:

"C:\Matrix Games\Starshatter The Gathering Storm\Starshatter-TheGatheringStorm.exe" -LAN

Just be sure the -LAN is OUTSIDE of the quotation makes when you edit the shortcut path."
from Lucan

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif