sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Head Tracking
wdboyd
Salutations,

Going to delve into setting up my head tracking software today. A bit of trepidation involved.

I went with a non TrakIR system... why? Less than one half the price! I purchased their TrackHat system.

https://www.track...

Toshiro
Looks promising.
Let us know how it goes. Looks more affordable too.
pgrin

wdboyd
Salutations Bradd,

After a bit of frustration.. (ignorance on my part) during setup and mapping, my Trackhat is working as it should in BOS/BOM.

I still have to fine tune its movements, but I now have head tracking in my planes. I fully recommend the Trackhat gear. If you are thinking of going this route and don't want to pay the premium price for TrackIR gear, Trackhat is the way to go.

I now need to get used to its use in the game and planes. Like I said, it still needs fine tuning.

braddw25
Sounds pretty cool. I have never done anything with head tracking equipment at all. It would be cool to be able to do that for dog fighting though. One has to be able to check one's six after all. I will have to look into this one. Thanks again!!!woot
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Trackhat looks like a decent alternative. Although the website was laggy. or maybe that was my laptop. Sad
This is a UK based seller. How long to ship to North america? Have you checked out the Delan head clip? it is made of metal as opposed to 3d printed plastic.

wdboyd
I received my Trackhat pretty quick. About a week if I remember correctly.

Haven't heard of the Delan head clip. Site?

Update. I found and checked out the Delan site. Their equipment looks good.

I prefer not wearing a headset and having another wire dangling from me to the computer. That's primarily why I chose the Trackhat system... (hat with rechargeable wireless).

But other than that, the Delan system looks like a good cheap way to obtain head tracking. bluthumb

Toshiro
How is the the trackhat working? Responsive? Do you have to use the alternative software, or does it work with trackir software.

Wonder how it works with tanks?

wdboyd
Salutations Toshiro,

The Trackhat is working very well. Just like a TrackIR.

It uses a version of Opentrak with freetrak 2.0 enhanced as the game Protocol.

I can't speak to it working with TrackIR software but I think it will work with TackiR hardware.

It may work with TrackIR software.. I'm just not sure.

I haven't tried it in a tank. I think the only place it would possibly come into play is from the commanders 'hatch' position.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll