blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Starshatter Ground Targets...
xXtheworldmovesonXx
What is your typical hit rate for ground targets in Starshatter?

I've been trying all kinds of flying to avoid AA fire while attacking the targets, and while its do-able the hammer missiles seem to have real trouble hitting their targets when locked on. If I try to pop the AA guns from the max range of 50 km I *never* get a hit. Come in to about 30 km dancing through the laser fire and hit chances seem to be closer to 50 / 50. Turn the targeting computer off, though, just line up the missile reticle and take the shot, though, and odds get a little better.

Just wondering if there's anything I'm missing?

braddw25
I will have to fire up Starshatter to answer this question. It's been quite some time since I've played it and to be honest I don't remember much about ground strike missions. I do remember they were tough to complete sometimes, but I do NOT recall ever having trouble getting the guided ground ordnance to hit the targets as you are describing.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Salutations,

I don't think there is a guaranteed hit rate on those pesky AA batteries. Attacking such a defended base or area is risky but I recall always being able to eventually take them out and succeed.

There may be some connection to the type of craft you are flying.. ie. Attack, LCA or fighter and not the missile. Attack craft are normally more durable. Perhaps your attack method or attack altitude.

But I do remember modding my own special missiles to be more effective, damage wise. It has been a long while though.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll