blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Star Citizen
braddw25
That's very good to know. Thanks!! Not that I want to melt down the Connie or anything but that is a nice feature in case one wants to switch to a new vessel at some point.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
LTI ends on the 26th of this month.

One can transfer LTI from a currently owned melted ship to another one prior to that date.

braddw25
Good to know. Thanks very much!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
The Star Citizen Aegis Avenger video. I have one of these.

https://www.youtu...gb_KBE#t=0

braddw25
AWESOME!! THe plot further thickens!!!!

Wylann
wdboyd wrote:

Tentative release schedule for Star Citizen

From Chris Robert's recent interview with Forbes.

1. August 2013: Hanger module (your purchased ships will be inside your hanger. Larger ships will have larger hangers. You will be able to view the inside and outside of your ships) alpha

2. End of December 2013: Dog fighting module (customize your ship from your hanger) alpha

3. January - June 2014: plant side module (social MMO like experience: go into a bar; talk to players; buy, sell, upgrade your ship) alpha

4. July - September 2014: Squadron 42 module (single player game) alpha

5. October - December 2014: Beta test

6. January - June 2015: Release! Smile

I just got back into playing SStGS, and discovered this. I guess this gives me time to save up for a new machine, since I've been running old games on my old PC for so long....

Any word on the flight model? All the vids look like the old Wing Commander flight model, and I'm really hoping it will be more like SStGS. I may have to get some kind of VR headset when I do upgrade. SC looks like it would be really immersive with one.
Edited by Wylann on 04-05-2014 16:09

wdboyd
Salutations,

Yes... I think a powerful computer , especially in the graphics card area, will be needed to take advantage of the visual quality presented in Star Citizen.

I think the flight model will be somewhat like Starshatter's. Newtonian to a large degree but It may be selectable to less realistic modes.

braddw25
Agreed 100%. I am planning a video card upgrade as we speak. Just trying to decide which card will give me the most bang for the buck right now. I will be upgrading from dual ATI 5670s to something faster, just not sure exactly which one yet.

wdboyd
I currently nave a GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-4GD GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card. In essence... it is two GTX-770 on one card.

Image below. When it powers up it seems my computer is going to take flight. Still I may have to upgrade to take advantage of the best graphics in Star Citizen.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Wylann
I know when I do get my new machine, I want something that has the video cards to handle three monitors. I can't get my current system to do it with Starshatter, but I may just have to fiddle with it.

wdboyd
You will need very good graphic card(s) to run three monitors. Also, consider that you will have to have a computer power supply large enough to run said monitors. I think I have a 850 watt PU but a 1000 watt power supply should be more than enough to run any three monitors regardless of size or graphic capability.

A Star Citizen Hornet Fighter On Patrol.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
I have a friend that runs such a setup. He has two newer graphics cards (not sure of the exact model) and an 1100Watt power supply. He told me that he had a 750W PSU but fried it shortly after going to the 3 monitor setup.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll