blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Star Citizen
braddw25
Also, if we need a fast computer to serve as the server for multiplay, I would be happy to serve in that capacity. My machine in spite of being almost two years old is still pretty high end.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
If my memory serves me correctly... version 5.0.1 had the Battleship and Dreadnaught classes added. Although, there were no such craft modeled in the stock campaign or game.

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

Also, if we need a fast computer to serve as the server for multiplay, I would be happy to serve in that capacity. My machine in spite of being almost two years old is still pretty high end.

Get a 5.0.3 version ready for use... when I get something set up... we'll give it try. No timeline proposed.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly... version 5.0.1 had the Battleship and Dreadnaught classes added. Although, there were no such craft modeled in the stock campaign or game.

Yeah, that is not what I meant though. This was a version that somebody coded that had even more classes added. I know there was a super dreadnaught class and others. It was not an official release, but rather it was done by an independent coder. It's not a really big deal, but it was kind of neat to have those additional classes.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

braddw25 wrote:

Get a 5.0.3 version ready for use... when I get something set up... we'll give it try. No timeline proposed.

Roger that!

Lucan
braddw25 wrote:

wdboyd wrote:

Yeah, that is not what I meant though. This was a version that somebody coded that had even more classes added. I know there was a super dreadnaught class and others. It was not an official release, but rather it was done by an independent coder. It's not a really big deal, but it was kind of neat to have those additional classes.

Additional classes were being worked on after Milo released the sourcecode. However, the sourcecoded upgrades (e.g. 5.0.4 and above) did not have a working multiplayer functionality. From my understanding, Milo was unable to salvage that part of the code and subsequent modders were unable to create a workable replacement.

For better or worse, 5.0.3 is the only workable version for multiplayer. Confused1

wdboyd
Another view of the upcoming 300i Heavy Fighter.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Another view of the upcoming 300i Heavy Fighter.

That is a nice looking craft. As you may remember, William, I have always been a big fan of heavy fighters. They are tough, heavily armed and are usually far more stable gun platforms than their lighter counterparts.

wdboyd
A recent view of the Star Citizen 300i. Focus: Dogfighter / Courier

This craft will probably be the next ship featured and revealed in a complete brochure.

I'm looking forward to it since I have purchased one already.

braddw25
I'm thinking about possibly purchasing one of these as well since as I stated before, I've always been a big fan of heavy fighters.woot

wdboyd
Tentative release schedule for Star Citizen

From Chris Robert's recent interview with Forbes.

1. August 2013: Hanger module (your purchased ships will be inside your hanger. Larger ships will have larger hangers. You will be able to view the inside and outside of your ships) alpha

2. End of December 2013: Dog fighting module (customize your ship from your hanger) alpha

3. January - June 2014: plant side module (social MMO like experience: go into a bar; talk to players; buy, sell, upgrade your ship) alpha

4. July - September 2014: Squadron 42 module (single player game) alpha

5. October - December 2014: Beta test

6. January - June 2015: Release! Smile

braddw25
Wow, this is good news indeed. I did not realize that there would even be an alpha ready that soon. That will be a pleasant distraction from the dog days of August!!

wdboyd
Unfortunately, my current computer will not be able to take advantage of the upcoming game modules. Still, it is good news. I'll have to count on you to give us a first hand account of the early modules.

Still, it's added motivation to save for my new gaming rig. I may have it by this winter though.

Darn, I still want to buy a Freelancer too. Frown

braddw25
Have you ever considered building one? Sometimes you can save a ton of money by buying the parts and assembling the computer yourself if you know how to do it. I've done it before and it's not very hard. I must say though they last computer I bought was on special from Alienware and it was less than $100 more than what I would have paid for the components and software for an equivalent computer. It just depends on the deals being offered at the time you want a new rig.

If you are looking to buy one already assembled, I cannot say enough good things about this Alienware I bought. I know that alot of the hard core gamers dump on Alienware a lot, but I could not possibly be happier. This thing runs ANY software I've thrown at it and runs it FAST and I haven't even overclocked it yet.

wdboyd
Yes, I am cognizant of Alienware Gaming Computers. I've been to their site. Impressive. The system is only limited by how much one wants to spend.

I just want to be able to crank all graphics up to maximum in any game I desire to play with no resultant lag.

My rig, prior to this one, was built piece by piece.

braddw25
If you buy an Alienware, even one of the low end ones, you won't have any problem cranking all graphics settings up to full. I run any games that have the capability in full HD video with everything cranked up to full. I have a racing game called RFactor that is very realistic. I've run will all graphics fully cranked to maximum on Lemans which is a 9 mile track with over 70 cars. THat's nine miles worth of HD track images and 70 cars with poly numbers that make our SS ships look like toys. And it doesn't even make my comp break a sweat yet. And the ones for sale currently are 3 years more up to date than mine is.

wdboyd
300i Promotion!

RSI had a lot of Citizens writing to ask when the next ship brochure and promotion will launch. They’re pleased to announce that the official reveal for the ORIGIN 300i interceptor will take place next Friday.

Check out the site then to learn all about this exciting luxury spacecraft and to get exclusive offers on the 300i and variants! The team at Cloud Imperium is very happy with how the design has turned out and can’t wait to share all the details with you.

"I've already purchased a 300i but am looking forward to any upgrade variants."

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
She's agood looking bird. No doubt about it. William, if you'd like some pointers on the finer intracies of dogfighting i am available.GrinGrinGrin

Lucan
We ought to do a multi-player session in SS again (like we did back in the day). Smile

braddw25
That would be fun. I think though that Multiplayer is disabled in the newest build of SS so we would need to make sure everyone has a copy of version 5.03 or whatever it was.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll