blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Star Citizen
wdboyd
What are the Star Citizens creators intentions with this upcoming game?

“We want to build a huge sandbox … that allows the players to explore in whatever capacity they want.”

The core concept of Star Citizen is that it’s a destination, not a one-off story. It’s a complete universe where any number of stories can take place. Players will have the opportunity to decide their own game experience. Pick up jobs as a smuggler, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, or soldier. It’s a universe we’ve always wanted to create.

We want to build a huge sandbox with a complex and deep lore that allows the players to explore in whatever capacity they want.

The project also includes Squadron 42, a single player campaign that takes place within the Star Citizen universe. Able to be played off-line or with friends, you essentially sign up to fly for the UEE fleet, manning the front lines, protecting settlements from Vanduul warbands. If you prove yourself, you might get asked to join the legendary 42nd Squadron. Set up like the French Foreign Legion, they can always be found in the toughest war zones and always manage to come out on top. Once you complete your tour however, you re-enter the persistent Star Citizen
universe with some money in your pocket and Citizenship to find your way.

Open World Architecture

The great thing about this is that you don’t have to do Squadron 42. “The single-player military campaign sits inside this open world architecture in a holistic fashion.”

You can basically decide that you’re going to be a merchant or pirate and never join the military. Having that choice for the player is fantastic. What we’re talking about here is a combination of everything that made Wing Commander great along with everything that made Privateer great.

While you will probably spend a majority of time in the cockpit there will be first-person mechanics built into the game. When you are flying on some of the bigger ships (transports, carriers, etc.), you will be able to wander the halls of the ship while a friend pilots, jump on a turret if you get attacked, even repel attempted boarders if needed.

braddw25
It just gets better and better every time info is posted about this game doesn't it. Grin
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Star Citizen Squadron 42 Cinematic Trailer. Check it out. woot

Link below.

http://vimeo.com/...
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Wow that is nice!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Proposed EEW Marine for Star Citizen.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Wow, very cool!!!

wdboyd
Prototype Star Citizen Marine Helmet Versions Under Consideration.

braddw25
I am continually astounded by the level of detail that will apparently be in this game

wdboyd
Yes... everything does look impressive. Smile

wdboyd
Proposed Star Citizen Vanduul (bad guy) Race. WIP

They don't look too socialable do they?

wdboyd
Star Citizen Hornet Fighter. A durable no nonsense craft.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Star Citizen Vanduul Race.

They don't look too socialable do they?

No, they do not. I feel as though this is what the Zolons probably look like. At least similar!Shock

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Star Citizen Hornet Fighter.

Thanks for posting. Not sure how I feel about the looks of this craft. As usual though, the detail work is awesome.

wdboyd
Salutations Future Citizens!

A recent look a at the 300i Heavy Fighter WIP for the upcoming Star Citizen Space Simulation. I've got one on order already (ie paid for). Pretty nice in my opinion. All flyable craft will have functional 3D cockpits and the larger ones will be multi crewed. My 300i requires a crew of two. One can hire a NPC as a co-pilot or even better, Bradd and I can hop in to explore or kick some pirates butt. This space simulation promises to be of the highest quality and epic in scope.

Oh... it will be modable to some degree too. woot

Please check out Star Citizens. http://www.robert...stries.com

My sole intent for bringing Star Citizens to your attention is for the members possibility of playing online together or against one another when this simulation hits the space lanes. Now doesn't that sound like fun?

By the way... the image below actually reflects the graphic quality that can be expected in Star Citizen.

braddw25
My 300i requires a crew of two. One can hire a NPC as a co-pilot or even better, Bradd and I can hop in to explore or kick some pirates butt. This space simulation promises to be of the highest quality and epic in scope.

I would be honored to be your copilot any time. Judging by your performance the last time we did some dogfighting on Starshatter multiplayer you can you all the help you can get. LOL Just kidding of course.Grin

wdboyd
Hey, That was a terrible frame rate situation. My old computer simply couldn't host and fly at the same time. That is my story and I am sticking to it. Actually, it was unplayable. Too bad.... Starshatter always had weak multiplay capabilities. Interestingly, in-space flight didn't cause such lag. I suppose the ground textures put more load on ones graphic care or CPU.

braddw25
Indeed it was a horrible frame rate situation in that planetary mission. It was still pretty cool getting to do multiplayer though. It looks as though it will be even more cool on Star Citizen!!!jump3!

Lucan
It would be nice to give another crack at setting up a multi-player scenario in SS. If combat were limited to just deep space then I think we could do some actual combat.

So far as I know, the only version that has a viable MP capability is the 5.0.3 patch.

wdboyd
Darn, I'd have to relearn all the things needed to run multiplay. Maybe I'll look into it again as I get further along with my Red Rift mod. I'm not sure I want to go back to the 5.0.3 version.

Hey, I won't have to exactly... I can just load a separate version of the game and keep it at 5.0.3.

braddw25
Speaking of going back to earlier version, do either of you remember a version that added additional classes of warships to the game? As I recall someone (possibly Derick but I don't know for sure) was able to add a super dreadnaught class and a couple other classes as well. That feature did not make it into the new builds. I was just thinking that it might be a neat feature to send over to the guys who are working on the source code to see if they could get that feature built into the newest vesion. I can't recall which version it was or if that version even exists anymore.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll