sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
IL2
wdboyd
Bradd,

Just purchased IL2:Moscow and the new Historical Campaign 'Ten Days of Autumn' while I was at it.

Got the sturdy and iconic P-40 fighter along with the Axis Italian MC 202 Fighter (nice looking craft) with the package.

Started work on a multiplayer server mission for us to practice on together. !biggrin!

wdboyd
Bradd,

I think these cockpit reference images can be helpful and can be 'save as' downloaded.

https://forum.il2...nce-cards/

Oh, I got a combined arms multiplayer server working. Still Ttesting it.

Here are the notes on it.

Server Name: * WOLFEN COMBINED ARMS *

Pilots and Tank crews! Fight in the air and on the ground! Victory at any cost!

The village of "Polevoye" must be captured by your team but it can be recaptured back again by enemy tanks. There is a flag in the centre of the village. To win you must capture and hold the flag until the mission ends. Be aware, everything can change at the last minute!

AIRCRAFT:

1. Takeoff from the nearby airfield with a warmed up engine (use any weapon)
2. Start in the air from the distant airfield if your main airfield is suffering vulching or for attack aircraft and bombers.
3. While you are awaiting 'real players' to join the game you can battle with and contend with AI controlled vehicles and craft.
4. There are Two duel zones: A and B.

TANKS:

1. There are 2 AI controlled tanks on 'each side' that are supporting your attack and they 'can' also capture the town flag.
2. There are three Tanks bases. Tank bases (I) and (II) can be captured and recaptured by enemy tanks.
3. Tank base (III) can not be captured (it is a reserve tank spawn in the rear).

Bases and the Town Flag are captured by basically destroying enemy defenders and occupying the flag or base area.

PLAYER RULES:

Allowed to vulch in any form
Allowed to shoot down paratroopers
Allowed to attack tanks by any means available
It is forbidden to destroy 'allied' forces
Administration reserves the right to remove any player.

SERVER SETTINGS:

No kill notification
Friendly Fire Return (If you hit a friendly the damage will be applied to your plane instead.)
Auto Pilot
Navigation icons (GPS marker)
No object icons (Targets will have to be actually spotted)
No weapon locks
No Misfire (gun jamming)
No coalition balancer
Air temperature: +15°C, light clouds, calm
Max client ping: 250
Coalition change: 30 seconds delay
Mission time: 3 hours (Normal Complete Run Time)

When you go online in Multiplayer the server will be displayed among the others (when I have it running). Let me know a time period you desire to test it out in... I'll load it up. "Wolfen Combined Arms"

-----------------------------------

braddw25
Nice work. Can't wait to give this a try!! I have been practicing some and am getting better. Those settings you suggested have helped A LOT!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Bradd,

I found these IL2 YouTube video tutorials very helpful. They cover most craft currently in the game.

BOS Aircraft Familiarization

https://www.youtu...k_VK0JpxUw

BOM Aircraft Familiarization

https://www.youtu...5rFET4_cBf

wdboyd
IL2 FLYABLE AIRCRAFT

IL2:STALINGRAD & IL2:MOSCOW

GERMAN

BF 109 F-4, BF 109 E-2, BF 109 E-7, BF 109 G-2, BF 109 F-2, BF109 G-4

JU 87 D-3, JU 52/3M, JU 88 A-4, FW 190 A-3, FW 190 A-5 MC.202 VIII

BF 110 G-2 HE 111 H6, HE111 H-16, BF 110 G-2, HS 129 B-2

RUSSIAN

LAGG - 3, LA-5 (SERIES 8), MIG -3, YAK-1 (SERIES 69), YAK=1B, YAK-7B

P-40 E-1, IL-2 AM-28 (1942), IL-2 AM-38 (1941) PE-2 (SERIES 35), PE-2 (SERIES 87)

braddw25
As always thanks for the information!!!salute!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
We might need to concentrate on tank battles for a while. I have NEVER flown a prop plane simulator this advanced and detailed and I have A LOT to learn before I can even think about dogfighting effectively. All of the other dogfighting sims I've tried have either been in space or with jets. This is really my first go at this stuff and as I said we are talking about steep learning curves here. At this point I'm just attempting to learn how to not crash by stalling. At some point I might actually get to where I can actually shoot an enemy plane. LOLConfused1

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll