sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Not being a slacker... really.
wdboyd
Bradd,

I spent the best part of seven hours yesterday and several more today with the IL2 Mission Editor.

Take a look at this below. This is what one has to do to get a 'player' plane to recognize its assigned first waypoint.

Right click on the Craft or Flight Leader craft and use Select Object Menu/Add OnTookOff Report. The mouse cursor will change to a CMD symbol, click on the Command Take off, when you’ve done that move your mouse over to the Trigger Waypoint 1 and the cursor will change to say Target, click on the Trigger Waypoint 1.

A blue Report Link is now shown between the Flight leader and the Waypoint 1 and underneath it is the Object link from the waypoint to the aircraft. There is also a blue Report Link between the Take off command and the Flight Leader Craft.

This is actually how to setup a link between the take off command and the first waypoint.

It seems a little complicated but it’s like this for a reason. When the take off command is activated the aircraft will start its engine (if they’re not already running) and begin rolling down the runway. Only after the aircraft has taken off and brought it’s undercarriage and flaps up is it ready to execute 'any' new command. When the aircraft has completed the take off command it will send a OnTookOff Report to activate the first waypoint.

Whew... I was yelling at the computer for a long time until I discovered how to do this in a ME tutorial manual.

Managed to create two SP dogfight missions flying the bf109 F4. Not much, but still.... E-mailed you a copy. woot

braddw25
I got the email and saved the mission. Didn't get a chance to play it yet. My sister and her family are in from Nebraska and my nieces wanted to build and launch some model rockets so that is what we did with most of our day today. Thanks for sending the mission. I will be sure to give it a try!!!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll