sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
IL2 Plane Guide
wdboyd
Bradd,

Please download the file located on the link below.

"Chuck IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad Guide". PDF

It is VERY good and helpful. I tried e-mailing you a copy but it was too big for my provider.

Check it out.

https://forum.il2...ck%20%20il

What plane or planes are you planning on 'starting' with. I plan to create some coop missions when I learn enough about the mission editor and I need to know what plane(s) to use for us to fly together.

Oh.. try the following axis curve settings for your joystick. They might make flying a bit easier.

Pitch Settings

Sensitivity - 100%
Dead Zone Center - 65-80% (experiment)
Dead Zone Edges - 40-50% (experiment)

Roll Settings

Sensitivity - 100%
Dead Zone Center - 40%
Dead Zone Edges - 20-40% (experiment)

I hope this helps in some way.

braddw25
Thanks for the suggested settings. I am going now to give them a try. As far as what plane to use, you know more about this sim and the planes in it than I do. I'm good using whichever one you want to use.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

Thanks for the suggested settings. I am going now to give them a try. As far as what plane to use, you know more about this sim and the planes in it than I do. I'm good using whichever one you want to use.

Oh, I really don't know more about the flight model than you. (I guess we are in BIG trouble Shock) I've been concentrating on the tanks aspect mostly. That is about to change though. I just found the axis settings helpful in making planes 'feel' better.

Well I am drawn to the 1. bf 109 fighters and 2. the Stuka, (basically the German craft) to start off with. All of the German planes have more 'automatic' settings that we won't have to deal with. So I'll start with them. Taking off and landing are probably two of the most challenging piloting tasks, especially landings. I have a hard time perfecting them. The manual I suggested you download has some good advise about these for most craft.

Oh... if you fly a practice mission that you can turn 'auto pilot' ([A] key) on, you can use it if you get in trouble and the craft may recover... then turn it off and continue.

wdboyd
Bradd,

I've begun to experiment with the IL2 mission editor. It 'currently' doesn't actually support creating coop missions but that is what I want and intend to do. You know me, if there is a way I'll find it.

In the missions, you and I will be scrambling with Bf109 F-4s. So we need to become familiar with this craft.

We will be attempting to intercept a Russian bomber flight of Pe-2. Probably 2-3.

Maybe four. pgrin

I will also have to arrange to get a license for their multiplayer Dservers so we can fly together. Should prove to be fun.

There is no urgency about any of this. I just wanted to let you know what I will be up to over the Christmas holiday period.

Merry Christmas.

braddw25
Merry Christmas to you as well!!

Those settings you suggested did help tremendously. Thanks!!!

Looking forward to trying some co-op with whatever you are able to come up with.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Bradd,

The Winter Sale started on our IL2 website (from December 22th until January 9th at 09:00 GMT).
Battle of Moscow is on sale at 33% Off and the P-40 and Mc.202 are also on sale with 15% off.

Just thought I'd let you know.

I will taking advantage of this sale on the 1st. of Jan. I really like the P-40 and the Italian MC 202.

braddw25
Roger that, Thanks for the info!!!!twothumbsup

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll