sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
IL2 Tank Debacle
wdboyd
Bradd,

I played through my favorite IL2 tank battle again today.

I managed to get my entire force eliminated. My tank survived but its engine was knocked out. veryupset

Well, in defense of my poor performance.... I spent a lot of time switching views from vehicle to vehicle, including the enemy, just to observe the battle during play. My gunnery was not the best either.

I will limit said activity in the future. Wink

Ok... back to the front.

-----------------------------------------
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
Go get em!!!Bomb
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
I'm remembering how BAD I always do at WW2 filght sims. LOL I"ve been flying in space for too long. Gotta retrain the mind to avoid stalling at the dang time.!blue!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I was once (years ago) pretty good in a bf 109 in WWII Online. But theirs was a much simpler flight model.

There are game settings that can help us. Starting on page 26 of the game manual. Choose the ones you need to get into things. I have many I plan to use to avoid tedium mainly.

Like: Warmed up engine. I don't want to wait for the engine to warm up. I like the idea of using Auto Pilot too. Those long flights can get really boring.

How is you FPS? Mine is smooth as silk set at 2560 x 1080 with ultra graphics settings selected and it runs at a steady 60 fps.

I haven't even gotten into setting up any planes. I've been engrossed with the limited tank capabilities thusfar.

I suppose I will concentrate on one of my favorite planes first, bf 109, bf 110, stuka and the fw 190. I also like the Italian MC 202 and the P40 but I will have to buy the last two. I suppose it would be best to start with one craft, master it (or almost master) then move on to another. It will probably be wise to go through the tutorial missions.

I'm really interested in the detailed mission editor. I just printed out a 75 page mission editor tutorial manual. You know me... I like building missions.

braddw25
My FPS is good on both machines. On the alpha I have it set at 1920X1080 balanced. I'm usually between 45-60 fps. ON my big gaming rig, everything is maxed out. I haven't checked frame rates, but it's very smooth.

wdboyd
twothumbsup

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif