blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Mouselook
superbatprime
Hello Gentlemen, compliments on the excellent site, it's good to see such a resource available for Starshatter, this game deserves far more accolades and fame than it's gotten.

Anyway, I do have, of course, a question... Does any version of Starshatter have working mouselook in cockpit/virtual cockpit views?
Or is there a fix available?

I have done a fair amount of homework on this issue myself but info is thin on the ground with only a few references to the problem, but no fixes.

I read that poorly implemented trackIR support may be to blame but the thing is I could swear that the first time I played Starshatter the virtual cockpit mouselook (and shift+arrow keys look function) worked, I remember distinctly looking at the cockpit panels reflecting in the canopy over my head and thinking "nice".

Hence why I'm wondering if it may be a version issue as I may well have installed an earlier version and patched that up to 1.5.66 myself... tbh, it was a long time ago.

I currently have the open version 1.5.66, I also tried v5.0.5 but it doesn't work in that one either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have come up with zero, so I figure if anybody would know, it would be you guys.

It's not a problem when flying cap ships as I spend most of my time in orbital cam (where it does actually work) but in fighters it's a real heartbreaker.

Thanks for any help, peace.

wdboyd
"Does any version of Starshatter have working mouselook in cockpit/virtual cockpit views?"

Salutations,

Pressing the Shift + F1 keys places one in the cockpit and one can look around using the mouse.

Using Shift + the arrow keys in the cockpit works for me using version 5.0.5 of the simulation.

If memory serves me correctly, using a joysticks hat switches gave the same effect.

I hope this helps.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

superbatprime
Hmm... I have my hat set to transitional thrusters, maybe it's causing an issue.

When in virtual cockpit mode, the mouse just doesn't work (yep. I'm holding down the right mouse button, nothing happens... the cursor vanishes but the camera won't move when I move the mouse.)

In the keyboard commands list for 1.5.66 it says shift+directional arrow to "spin" view up/down/left/right which I assume refers to the Orbital Cam, this works fine.

But it also says Shift+arrow keys to "look" left/right/up/down... which I assume refers to cockpit view... this function along with the mouse in cockpit view, simply doesn't work.

Oh well, I'll reassign the hat switches and see if it helps.
Thank you for the prompt reply. Smile

Edit: I grabbed 5.0.5 from the dl section on the site here, loaded it up and I'm getting the same issue, however if this is the build you are using and it works for you, then the issue must be something on my end of things (as opposed to the game itself), this is good to know, I can work from this point, must be something to do with the way I've set up my keyboard/mouse/stick combo.

Back to tinkering!
Edited by superbatprime on 04-06-2013 14:29

wdboyd
Note: When I use my Microsoft keyboards separate cluster of four Arrow Keys with Shift Key the view moves around the cockpit.

Note: When I use the Shift key with my NumberPad from within the cockpit it maneuvers the carft.

superbatprime
EDIT: FIXED!!!!!

Yeah it's sorted, the issue was this free headtracking program I had installed ages ago and forgotten about, Starshatter was obviously trying to connect with it and so disabled the mouselook and arrow key look functions to allow for the head tracking instead.

Poor old Starshatter was only doing what it thought I wanted it to do and it was my fault for not keeping "track" (seewhatIdidthere?) of what programs were on my system I guess.
So Once I got that program off my machine everything started working normally.

Wow, that was bugging me for days, anyway problem solved, once again Starshatter shoots to number one on my fave sims list.
Now I'm off to practice my landings (now I can actually look around and see where the runway is lol).

Thanks again wdboyd for your valiant efforts to assist.

/dancesforjoy!
Edited by superbatprime on 04-06-2013 16:16

braddw25
Welcome, superbatprime,

It's nice to have you hear and I'm glad you were able to get your problem sorted out with WDboyd's help. Thank you for the compliments on the site. We are trying to keep the grand old game alive at least until we see if Star Citizen can do for us what Starshatter does so well. Enjoy!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Starshatter is currently the MOST modder friendly Space Fleet Simulation extant.

Starshatter provides open ended creative possibilities for those willing to put in the time and effort.

We are hoping that the outstanding looking and upcoming Star Citizen game will have such user modability build in.

They have intimated that user created content will be possible on a USER servers. Planets, ships and maybe star systems will be buildable by us users.

Personally, I doubt that modding Star Citizen will be as relatively easy as it is with Starshatter. We'll have to wait and see. This will probably depend on how much priority or attention the creators put on built in modding for their creation.

I will remain hopeful until I learn otherwise Smile

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif