sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Problems
wdboyd
Salutations all,

I had complete computer failure last evening! I was in Star Citizen and my sreen blacked out and froze. Ctrol Alt Del wouldn't work. After being forced to completely power everything off windows would not load.

Short story... it seems to be my Windows 10 Pro upgrade. Trip to computer store. They loaded up a clean 'non upgraded' version of Windows 10 Pro--- 70$!

Computer obviously works now but I can't activate this new version with my old Win 7 Pro activation key. veryupset

I now have to reload all programs formally on my C: Drive. I'm a bit annoyed and poorer for a program that should be free to me. I will most likely have to re-load my original Win 7 Pro version. Either that or buy a completely new version of Win 10 Pro from Microsoftl.

Other than that life is good. Smile
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

wdboyd
Follow up:

I was able to find a universal product key online to 'activate' my new Win 10 Pro install. It seemed to work. woot

braddw25
Wow, not cool at all. Very sorry to hear about your problems. Glad you were able to get it worked out.

I'm having problems also. For some reason I can't get into any of the game modes. I try to get into my hangar and I get an infinite loading screen. I try to get into the universe and it just dumps me back to then main screen each time. No idea what's going on and I don't have a ton of time between now and our arranged meeting time tomorrow to get it fixed. Hopefully I will be able to get it figured out. I tried the old trick of deleting my user file to no avail. At this point I am very open to suggestions.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
All is well now for the most part. I remembered from before that sometimes you have to disable a service called internet connection sharing in order to avoid the infinite loading screen. I gave it a try and it worked as I am now able to enter all game modes without a problem. The only issue remaining is that I now have the wrong kind of hangar for some reason. I really like the arrowview?? hangar. At least I think that is what its called, but for some reason I am now in the one with white coloring instead. Going to attempt to fix this now.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Ok, something really weird is going on here. I tried to reconfigure my hangar to get the Aeroview back, but it didn't work. I'm still in the Revell and York. Here is the really weird part though. I went exploring in the hangar to make sure all my ships were there. They are all there, but so is this.........
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
This is CIGs doing. They are apparently giving everyone a look at the Starfarer and forcing that hanger.

I thought it was just for the PTU though.

I'm on the PTU and NONE of the craft showing in my hanger are ones I own. Weird. I haven't booted up the live version yet.

I'm almost afraid to. Smile

wdboyd
Update.

I just loaded up the live version with no problems and entered my hangar. Wink

All of my owned ships are there AND the Starfarer in a R&Y hangar.

"Starfarer will be in everyone’s hangar regardless if they own or or not for the next several days to give everyone a chance to see the work Foundry42 put inside it."
CIG

In other words, they want to show off the Starfarer to everyone. Good time to take a look at it.

braddw25
Ok, thanks, for setting me straight. So everything seems to be working fine on my install now except for the fact that I have no option to enter the PTU anymore. Is there a new way to do that or do you still just click on that gear icon?

wdboyd
To the best of my knowledge... If you got a e-mail inviting you just have to trasfer 'Copy' your account for PTU use.

braddw25
Problems again. Now I can't get into Arc corp. Friggin infinite loading screen AGAIN. No idea what to do at this point. Unfortunately I am starting to remember why I lost interest in messing with this game in the first place.veryupset

Toshiro
I also had an infinite loading screen to the universe. What was your fix for that?? disable internet connection sharing? Can you explain a bit?

I also went for a spin in my ship.. Noticed new hanger. I saw the Starfarer. Pretty big ship. Explored inside. Weird square toilets.

CompGreet

braddw25
What version of windows are you running, Toshiro?

braddw25
I got to fly my Vanguard for the first time today. That was pretty cool. Is the Connie still not available in AC because it does not appear as one of my options for ships to fly. My Retaliator also doesn't appear to be available.

Still no luck getting into the PU. Infinite loading screen every time. Also can't get into the PTU. Its not looking good for our plans for tomorrow.

braddw25
I just flew my Sabre for the first time. All I can say is WOW. From what I can tell this is quite the potent package. It has nearly equal firepower to the superhornet and yet has nearly the manuverability of the Gladius. Even as out of practice as I am, I was able to smoke quite a few Vanduuls with the Sabre. It does lack the durability of the Hornet, but other than that its a very nice platform.

Toshiro
Windows 8.1. Heard of many players having issues with Win 10. Only upgraded wife's PC and laptop. So I will not go there yet. Had reserved an upgrade for win 10 and it shows up in windows upgrade options always checked . Gotta be careful I don't upgrade by accident.

One thing I don't like about 10 is it's updates are automatic. Aside from scheduling the updates, you can't not update.

wdboyd
Toshiro wrote:

I also had an infinite loading screen to the universe. What was your fix for that?? disable internet connection sharing? Can you explain a bit?

I also went for a spin in my ship.. Noticed new hanger. I saw the Starfarer. Pretty big ship. Explored inside. Weird square toilets.

CompGreet

What!?... your butt isn't square? !eek!

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

I just flew my Sabre for the first time. All I can say is WOW. From what I can tell this is quite the potent package. It has nearly equal firepower to the superhornet and yet has nearly the manuverability of the Gladius. Even as out of practice as I am, I was able to smoke quite a few Vanduuls with the Sabre. It does lack the durability of the Hornet, but other than that its a very nice platform.

What if you put 4 Panthers on it... wow.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

braddw25 wrote:

What if you put 4 Panthers on it... wow.

I already did. LOL

VERY POTENT.

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

I got to fly my Vanguard for the first time today. That was pretty cool. Is the Connie still not available in AC because it does not appear as one of my options for ships to fly. My Retaliator also doesn't appear to be available.

Still no luck getting into the PU. Infinite loading screen every time. Also can't get into the PTU. Its not looking good for our plans for tomorrow.

I think the Connie and Retaliator are PU only right now.

I want to go out with you on them in the PU Sunday. At least try... maybe with support from Toshiro or Mireck.

If the PU proves very problematic, we should try Vanduul Swarm Coop together.

All we can do is try.

Toshiro
My butt is only square when I play minecraft. With my son.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll