blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Anyone playing?
Mireck
Hi, Wich times you guys play? I look for some teamup.
Keep your heart open, and your gun loaded.

wdboyd
Salutations,

Good to hear from you.

We haven't been actively playing in any organized way due to past multiplay difficulties and real life activities.

I 'have' been keeping up with Star Citizen game developments and the current 2.3.0 version seems better and more stable.

I will contact Bradd and Toshiro to see if they are up to getting together to put the game through its' paces.

I will let you know what we come up with.

I have your game name as K_Mirek ... is that correct?

Mine is .... Thad
Bradds is ... Bradd
Toshiros is ... Toshiro

You can add them to your games 'contacts' list for future use.

What play time is best for you.... and your timezone.

asmile
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
I'm game for some multiplayer, and have two ships that would work very well for us to crew together if you guys would like to give that a try. I have to get my install updated to the latest version, so I'm hoping to be ready by mid week this week. I will let everyone know when I'm ready and when I can get a few hours for some flight time.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Bradd... do you still have the Teamspeak information on Trips server. I lost mine wihen my hard drive was reformatted recently. I had no hard copy of the information. Please PM it to me if you do.

It would probably be good to use it when we get online in Star Citizen. Toshiro and Mirek need it too. Toshiro has the TS client... I'm not sure about K_Mirek.

pgrin

wdboyd
Hey everyone, I just checked the RSI site Issues Council page.

"Not being able to join friends/partymembers in Universe anymore since patch 2.3.0." It is the number one problem reported. redskull

This could be a problem for us getting together in the same server instance. This is discouraging since it has been a problem since the PU was introduced. CIG needs to get this fixed.

They may get it repaired or improved in short order... so we can still try to get together in the coming week sometime... but I am discouraged. Frown

braddw25
William, PM sent with Teamspeak info.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Got it... thanks. bluthumb

Toshiro
Worth a shot I guess. Maybe 2 people should try joining an instance first before coordinating a group. Would be discouraging if we all plan for a day and it doesn't work.
At least we will chat via teamspeak and get that working.

CompGreet

wdboyd
Yes... we will try. Smile

Mireck
Well the game doesnt behave too good, but it is playable at least. What bothers me is, that i cant find any kind of voice chat in game, but i own a Teamspeak server, if thats needed. I can mostly Play at sunday betveen 09:00 and 17:00 UTC+2

wdboyd
So your available time would be 07:00 - 15:00 GMT.. Sundays only, right?

GMT is + 4 hours from EST. That would make you + 6 hours ahead of us in our EST.

I look forward to exploring the verse with you. asmile

GMT - EST chart below.

EDT - CEST chart below.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Mireck
Well, that is not felicitious time difference. :-)

Also be warned, today a new plague descended upon the verse: Kids with expensive combat ships, jumping into systems, destroying other players ships, and jumping out before anyone can return fire. They prefer to atack weak or noncombat type ships, prefarably while the pilot is EVA solving some sidequest. i had to stop playing because it was unberable.

There was one, jumped in, closed to my ship to see cocpit to cocpit, when he saw me in cocpit, he jumped away. I left the ship then and went inside damaged station to gather some evidence for insurance company, i was deep in the station when i heard a quantum jump sound, and then shooting. i raced outside the station, but when i got out my ship was missing, and noone around. Other players reported similar experience a lot.

wdboyd
If we can go out together... in support craft, we will be able to provide protective cover when others of us go into the stations. We may even be able to ambush the ambushers.
Venturing out alone can be frustrating to the extreme. Actually, I don't see what fun or challenge it would be to shoot at and destroy a pilotless craft. impatient

Ah... the dubious benefits that come with PVP online. Actually, I wouldn't mind jerk players, so much, if I had the capability to confront or 'run away' from such threats. But that isn't possible when one is absent from ones craft.

braddw25
I agree that this type of nonsense does absolutely NOTHING to improve or enhance the online gaming experience. It is most unfortunate that jerks become even bigger jerks behind the safety of their computer monitors. I have no problem with being forced to defend myself from pirate raids and such, but as William mentioned, when you are forced to leave your ship and then have some turd decide that is the moment to attack, it proves absolutely nothing besides the fact that said turd's only purpose is the grief of others. Hopefully there will also be bands of skilled pilots like Trip and others who make it at least part of their purpose in the game to make it very difficult for the aforementioned turds. The developers have also promised that their will be mechanics within the game to make life tough on those who would choose such a path in the PU. If all else fails, as we mentioned before, we have the equipment to set up our own turd free server if we must.

braddw25
William, are you located in the Eastern time zone? If memory serves me, I believe that parts of Ohio are on Central time are they not?

wdboyd
Negative... I'm pretty sure Ohio is in the EST zone. I'll double check though.

braddw25
Now that you mentioned it, I believe it was Indiana that has parts in one zone and other parts in the other. I just know that when we travel overland to my sister's place in Nebraska it gets a bit confusing when some towns along the way are set to a different zone from the surrounding areas.

wdboyd
Refer to images below.

Eastern Time Zone for us.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Just got the latest patch downloaded and installed so I'm ready to go!jumping

Toshiro
Hmmm, always get confused by time zones. I am on the west coast. That would be an earlier game time for me I think.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll