blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Patch 2.1.2 LIVE!
wdboyd
Alpha Patch 2.1.2 has been released to Live, and is now available for players! This patch is a very targeted bug fix patch for Crusader and Arena Commander.

Arena Commander Module:
Fixes:

Gameplay

Fixed an issue where destroying the turret of a ship would render it unable to be targeted by other players.

User Interface

Fixed an issue where a ships HUD could be (accidentally) interacted with outside of free-mouse or HUD interaction mode.

Persistent Universe:
Fixes:

Environment

Made several changes to potentially resolve the extreme audio corruption that could be experienced during extended gameplay sessions.
If you find this is still occurring in 2.1.2, we are collecting reports and data for this issue in a single Issue Council report.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Toshiro
oh man....another one.

That's a good thing. But I have a 200 gig a month cap.
typeconsole

wdboyd
I think this patch is about 10 GB. !wink!

Toshiro
Oh man, I don't fly well. Flew out to stop pirates at one nav point. Oh boy, poor strategy. Someone shot my engine off. Had no way to get back. I lost sight of the array that was under attack. Radar not working .

medsob

Space is dangerous.

wdboyd
Yes, it is. SmallDamage

braddw25
I have got to get back into flying. I have not done ANY in months.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Salutations,

I haven't done anything. I've lost interests to a great degree. Oh, I keep up to date on what is going on, but not much has changed. I've been spending a lot of time playing an old favorite adventure game while SC development continues.

They are still having problems with the multiplayer aspect of the proposed game. Currenlty, I can start a session with 30-31 FPS which drops down to 25-26 once leaving the start room and the FPS drops down to 22-21 in the ship selection room. My FPS shows dips when other player join the instance and call on their craft. I think CIG has a 16 player limit currently set per instance right now. 16 really isn't that many and still their servers are having some problems keeping up.

Also, From what I have seen, one has a difficult time even exploring the mini PU because of senseless players that attack for no logical reason other than to destroy you. It's like they are stuck in the Arena Commander mindset. (it more than likely, that many are just jerks).

CIG has apparently improved the party system. One would think it would be a high priority considering mulityplay is such a major aspect and requirement of the proposed game. Joining up with others on the same server in the same instance should be made idiot proof and easy. (of course, the idiot is me.)

Heck, I haven't even reconfigured my dual T-16000m keymapping for 2.0 +. Frown

I'm not really discouraged.... just not very motivated right now. Bradd, as I shared with you some time time ago... multiplay is the major problem CIG has to perfect if they want the PU sandbox to succeed. Star Citizens 'high poly' models make that a real challenges. Just think how it will be with the bigger 'even higher poly' ships enter the PU.

Oh well, I will keep watching for further developments. bluthumb

braddw25
Thanks for the updates. Its good to at least be able to keep track of the developments even when one is not actively participating. I feel kind of bad for not signing on to Trip's stream for quite some time, but with so many hours of darkness over the winter months I just have trouble staying up that late.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
On the positive side... many streamers are reporting that the current Live version is pretty stable and so is their FPS performance within it. Smile

I was briefly on Trips stream a couple of times last week. I plan to drop in tonight for a while. He has created a very good dual T-16000m curve setting video for reference. Trip is very high on the T-16000m dual joystick setup.

Toshiro
I try to get in a game couple times a week. I have been busy with some other games as well. I play minecraft with my son, world of tanks, world of warships with another sound tech from church. A bunch of others I can't squeeze in, time is limited.

The ever changing keybindings make it a bit hard to get used to a setup. Had to remap my game board and t16000m a few times already. I also tried using a user.cfg file with star citizen. It's been reported that some people with fancy gaming rigs are seeing the same fps drops. Some have said the user.cfg have helped increase that. I think it has for me, but I need more testing to confirm that.

!salute!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif