blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Made a trade today
braddw25
Had to trade one of my Kimber .308s to get this beauty, but at least I still have one. Ans I've had my eye on one of these for a LONG time. Henry 45-70 government. Anyone need any bears eradicated from their property? LOLGatling gun
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Really nice looking rifle there Bradd. bigsmile
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Toshiro
Ooooh! looks nice. Reminds me of the film Silverado.

"Malachi "Mal" Johnson (Danny Glover) uses a Winchester 1866 "Yellow Boy" rifle mocked up like a Henry 1860 by removing the fore-end. The dead giveaways are the loading gate on the receiver and the lack of a magazine tube slit and spring follower under the magazine tube. It is rather strange that he would use this fake Henry when his father uses an actual Henry rifle in the movie.

It's believed that this was done so Danny Glover didn't have to deal with the spring guide handle sliding into and pinching his finger while firing multiple rounds, multiple times during filming. "

Well I did say it reminds me of the film. Doesn't mean I know a lot about rifles.

Toshiro
wave
Edited by Toshiro on 28-10-2015 06:07

braddw25
That is very interesting. I had no idea that they faked a Henry in that manner.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
I got to fire the Henry for the 1st time yesterday. It gives your shoulder quite a thump, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Its a very accurate rifle right out of the box. I fired at a 2in diameter dead tree branch at about 40 yds with open sights and nailed it. The round split the branch right in half. From 100 yds in, this is quite a potent platform. I am considering using it for deer season this year. I'm thinking the big, heavy, but slow moving bullet will be enough to easily take down and deer without ruining as much meat as a faster moving lighter round. We shall see....
Edited by braddw25 on 02-11-2015 13:26

wdboyd
Gotta love the Henry Rifles. noddingyess

braddw25
This is my first one, and so far i am VERY impressed. I was thinking about getting a 4x scope for it, but I am kind of liking the open sights. I will use it mainly as a brush gun anyway so I'm not sure the need is there for anything more than open sights. In the brush, if a deer is more than 100yds from me I probably won't even know its there anyway.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll