sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Spamming
wdboyd
Salutations,

Be it known that spamming will NOT be tolerated. Spammers will be deleted or banned from our memebership roll.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Just got done deleting six members because of spamming.Angry
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
They really shouldn't be considered real members. They disgust me.

I just banned another one. They could be just a few people joining over and over. All of their e-mail accounts are gmail and their online names normally have non-sensical letters and numbers in them. For that matter, they could be a stupid computer site hacking program. That could explain the user names being used. Regardless, they will be deleted and or banned to the best of our ability.

Bradd, I suggest we NOT even activate suspicous non-sensical user names with many letters and numbers in them using gmail. It will be a judgement call and I will be deleting or banning such supicious site user applicants.

wdboyd
Just banned another spamming cretan. Frown

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

They really shouldn't be considered real members. They disgust me.

I just banned another one. They could be just a few people joining over and over. All of their e-mail accounts are gmail and their online names normally have non-sensical letters and numbers in them. For that matter, they could be a stupid computer site hacking program. That could explain the user names being used. Regardless, they will be deleted and or banned to the best of our ability.

Bradd, I suggest we NOT even activate suspicous non-sensical user names with many letters and numbers in them using gmail. It will be a judgement call and I will be deleting or banning such supicious site user applicants.

Sounds like a good plan to me, William. I know you have experience from the old site in dealing with these morons so I trust your judgement call completely. Thanks for helping weed out the spammers.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Lucan
One way of weeding out spammers is setting up a policy where accounts are activated upon mod approval only. Any account that looks suspicious (in terms of it's name) can simply banned outright. If the person complains then there can always be a review of said account.

braddw25
Thanks, Lucan. Already done as per the news item listed at the top of the page.Grin

braddw25
We had another spammer slip through the cracks this morning. I deleted him already. The new system seems to be working well though as I had not seen any spam for a few weeks at least prior to this vermin. William have you seen and deleted any spam or spammers lately??Gatling gun

wdboyd
Yes, I have deleted 8-9 suspicious proposed members. I was in doubt about one but activated it. I may have been wrong with him.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Yes, I have deleted 8-9 suspicious proposed members. I was in doubt about one but activated it. I may have been wrong with him.

No problem. It seems as though our new system is working fairly well.

wdboyd
New spammers.... they have infected some of our downloads with advertisements. I have found no way to delete them thus far.

Frown

I deleted three of our latest approved suspicious members.

wdboyd
Was forced to delete affected downloads and reload them with a different name. That worked. What a pain.

braddw25
Rotten SOBs. These vermin have no shame do they. Thankyou for taking care of that, William. What a frustrating pain in the butt to have to deal with.Angry

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll