sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
I Suck
wdboyd
Salutations,

I just started actually flying in Arena Commander. Specifically, trying to learn the easiest race track using my Merlin. To be succinct and to the point about this initial foray... I sucked. I couldn't even find my way around the track.

I embarrassed myself. I was frustrated. Did I mention that my performance sucked. If not..... I sucked. Frown

That being said, I did see a slight improvement before leaving the track. So 'maybe' there is still hope.

P.S. Unless you missed it... my first serious attempt at flying in a practice Arena Commander race revealed that I currently suck at it. Other than that, everything is fine.

Oh well, at least I have no where to go but up. Practice, practice, practice. bluthumb

Hey... did I mention that I sucked?
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Don't feel bad. I have attempted races on several occasions and sucked every time. I am completely amazed at how easy Trip makes it look on Vanderval anyway. There is definitely a learning curve associated with being a good or even mediocre racer. For me personally its just not an aspect of the game that I am very interested in. If you decide to pursue a racing career though I would be happy to be on your pit crew. LOL
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I'm not even attempting to cut the course like Trip and other do. I'm just trying to fly the intended course. Frown

Well.. as a form of excuse, I am experimenting with controller settings. (a mystic art) and fully expect to get better with practice. Smile

Although it doesn't factor very much in racing... I'm a bit intimidated with my two T-16000 joystick setup. I have to learn to use it without conscious thought. That will take time and practice.

wdboyd
Another hour of practice and I suck a little less. !biggrin!
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Congratulations on sucking less. LOLjumping
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
A little less. !smile!

Toshiro
Hey there
Just to let you know......I suck too. At flying! asad
Of course that was before, when my gamepad didn't work with SC. Now I have the T16000M Thrustmaster its a bit better. I myself didn't think I could use 2 of them like you, but instead just recieved a Razor Tautarus gameboard for my left hand control. Now I need to set up the keys and practice, practice and more practice.

Toshiro
!salute!

braddw25
Good luck, Tohiro!! Whenever you feel ready, say the word and we can all get together and try some coop swarm. Dogfighting is something that I don't completely and totally suck at. I actually thought I was pretty good until I watched guys like Trip and especially fatebacked or whatever his name is. He is absolutely deadly in his Aurora. I have tried on several occasions to bag him and have been totally humiliated each time. I have actually been able to get Trip once or twice in his Gladius but most of the time he kills me. Lots of practice before I can compete with guys like that. I am most anxious to see how having an actually human crewmember will work out. I am hoping that having someone in the turret of my super hornet will provide some means of defense against quicker ships like the Gladius and the Avenger. At this point, as good a ship as the Hornet is, you are nearly defenseless against a good pilot in an Avenger or Gladius.

wdboyd
I feel our inadequacy Toshiro. But, we have nowhere to go but up in ability. bigsmile
Two more days to CitizenCon live Twitch stream. I hope they announce some significant released for the game. Should be interesting.

I think the live stream will start Saturday 3PM EST.

http://www.twitch...gcommunity < - - - alink

Trip mentioned that he may begin a dual live stream and hour earlier.

Toshiro
Hi guys, just wondering how do you connect with each other for coop teamplay. Do you guys use teamspeak??

Toshiro

Just thinking ahead.

wdboyd
Toshiro wrote:

Hi guys, just wondering how do you connect with each other for coop teamplay. Do you guys use teamspeak??

Toshiro

Just thinking ahead.

We have a Teamspeak server that we have access to.

Our Teamspeak server
Address: scrp.enjinvoice.com
Password: iloverp

Our channel there is SHATTERCON. We can communicate directly there when all are on TS.

To use Teamspeak you will need to download a copy of the teamspeak client software. It is free and simple to set up. Refer to the address and password above. Of course, you will need a microphone. Nothing fancy required.

https://www.teams...downloads# < - - - alink Download the 64 bit version if that is the version of windows you have.

In Star Citizen we can have our own Contacts list. Please refer to page 6 and 7 of the Pilots Manual. It explains things pretty well.

Please add me to your follow list on the RSI site. My game (pilot) handle is Thads. I think I have already added you to mine.

Also add Bradds' game (pilot) handle. It is Steeleye.

Toshiro
Will have to brush up on my manly commander voice. probably will sound like deputy Barney Fife.

wdboyd
I wouldn't worry about that. bigsmile

Select Bradd and me to follow.

I have you as ToshiroOsama.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Toshiro
Hmmm, thought I had done that already.

Toshiro
Add you to SC contact list. With your handle.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll