sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Coming to a Galaxy near you
wdboyd
Salutations,

We're expecting the Star Citizen 'baby PU' soon!

The Baby PU won't bring larger maps to AC - but it will bring us the start of the Persistent Universe with much larger maps. Instead of having to enter AC to fly a ship, you'll be able to fly it in this initial PU test area, as per the multi-crew demo from Gamescom. Arena Commander will remain as small single-seater maps for the time being.

As for the patch numbers - 1.3 is due out asap, but will contain no new 'big features'. Instead, it will be the first release post-merge, meaning it contains the game-dev stream, and all the fixes / small stuff they've been working on the past 6 months or so (but couldn't release to us because we weren't on the game-dev stream).

Baby PU is now likely to be in version 1.4. bigsmile
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Feregorn
The PU is definitely good news, as integration is bound to provide scale benefits for development albeit with some initial difficulties of course. The game is certainly taking its time in production, hopefully it will be worth it by the end or at least it won't be too late, as Elite is starting to implement various features that SC has. In the end, first-to-market might be the definitive advantage...

wdboyd
Elite Dangerous sure looks like a beautiful game. I have nothing bad to say about it. But I do think they will offer very different player experiences. In any case, us players will have more options for our space gaming choices.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
I checked out Elite a few months back. At that time the nearly total lack of interesting content turned me off. I have heard and read lately that the content situation is improving considerably. The graphics look absolutely stunning. On par with what we have seen so far with Star Citizen. However, my biggest complaint is the design of most of the ships in Elite. Just a matter of personal preference, but I find them to be very dull and uninspiring especially compared to the designs we already have available in Star Citizen. It will be interesting to see which one if either dominates the market or if they can coexist side by side. I of course am hoping that Star Citizen is a wild success due to the rather large monetary investment I have made thus far. Time will tell.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Yes, i was wondering about the ships too. Not sure I liked to fly a cheese wedge. Maybe its different now??

braddw25
From what I have observed, most of the ships in Elite still look like Cheese wedges.Confused1
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yea, but they offer a LOT of different paint schemes for them. We all know how important that can be. Wink

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll