sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Social Module Going Live
wdboyd
Salutations,

CIG will be bringing the service down at 7pm CDT/12am GMT tonight for the Star Citizen Alpha 1.2 Social Module Publish to Live!

Social Module: Area 18 on ArcCorp of the Stanton System

- The first multiplayer planet side environment includes ArcCorp's Area18 landing zone, with all the scenic vistas our team has been hard at work on. This will also include our first iteration of our augmented reality system, emotes and chat system.

- You'll find that the main elevator in every Hangar now takes you up to Area 18.

- For Selfland, Revel & York, and Aeroview hangers, you can find the elevator through the double-doors directly behind your character when spawning into the central bay. Once inside, the elevator to ArcCorp is located on your right.

- For VFG Industrial Hanger, you can find the double-doors underneath the platform where your character spawns, across from any ship you currently have in the central bay. Once you've passed through the double doors, the elevator to ArcCorp is located on your right.

- Characters will now appear in one of six random gear loadouts when they spawn into the Hangar. You can only swap between the six loadouts in the Hangar, via the "F6" key. The available loadouts are Marine Light, Medium, Heavy and Outlaw Light, Medium, Heavy. Whatever loadout a character is wearing when they travel to ArcCorp will be retained for the rest of that play session.

- The first areas available to explore in ArcCorp include: ArcCorp Customs, Medical Bay, JobWell (sponsored by the Trade and Development Division of ArcCorp), G~Loc Bar, Astro-Armada, Dumper's Depot, Cubby Blast,

Some areas of ArcCorp are not available on the PTU during this initial launch. Some of those intentionally off-limits include:

- The Casaba Outlet.
- The Medical Bay Emergency Room.
- The ArcCorp landing pad.
- The elevator to the second floor of Astro-Armada.
- The firing range at Cubby Blast.

User Interface:

- F2 opens Augmented Reality.
- F6 changes your character loadout (while in Hangar).
- F12 brings up the Chat interface.

Fixes:

- Several GIM fixes for matchmaking, lobby, game server and Social Module session handling.
- Fixed an issue in Arena Commander where hosts were not always being removed from the Lobby when they left the match.
- Fixed an issue in Arena Commander where the host of a game would sometimes not be able to cancel their search due to matchmaking crashing.
- Fixed an issue in Arena Commander where players could be put into a broken lobby if the matchmaking service crashed while they were in a game.
- Transition animations for moving between standing, crouch and idle have received some minor improvement for a smoother and more realistic experience.
- Jump animations have received some minor improvements for a smoother experience.
- A number of collision issues that were allowing characters to clip out of the Revel & York hangar have been resolved.
- A number of collision issues that were allowing characters to clip out of the VFG Industrial Hangar have been resolved.
- The HUD colors on the Avenger, Gladiator, Hornet (all variants) and Cutlass (all variants) have been updated to be consistent.
- Fixed an issue where the countermeasure interface on the Mustang HUD (all variants) would overlap with other UI elements.
- Fixed an issue where the Vanduul Glaive designated "Tank" at the end of Tutorial Chapter 6 would sometimes become immortal.

Thanks everyone and see you in the 'Verse!

- Will Leverett - CIG
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Mireck
Hi,
just tried it out few days ago. With I7-4790K 4x4Ghz, and GTX960, i get 5-12FPS in hangar, and even worse in the city out there. Is that the same for all of you?
Keep your heart open, and your gun loaded.

braddw25
Wow, that is pretty strange. My system is similar to yours. I have a 6 core GPU, and A GTX 970 for a vid card, but last time I was in the game I got significantly higher frame rates than what you are getting. Its been a few weeks since I have played though so things may have changed. I will check it out tonight and get back to you.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Mireck, just out of curiosity, what settings are you running the game on? I run it maxxed out on 1080 and usually was getting frame rates between 45-60 FPS or at least in that neighborhood.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Mireck wrote:

Hi,
just tried it out few days ago. With I7-4790K 4x4Ghz, and GTX960, i get 5-12FPS in hangar, and even worse in the city out there. Is that the same for all of you?

Salutations,

That is amazing considering your hardware! Frown

Is you computer a laptop? How much RAM do you have and what is the quality of your internet connection? What resolution are you attempting to use? I'm going to E-mail you a user.cfg file that I use to improve my framerates. It includes r_MotionBlur = 0 and R_VSync = 0 in it.

My rig is displayed below. It is less powerful than yours. I have a good cable internet connection. Not the best, but ok.

In the hangar, I currently get and average of 43 FPS with 2560x1080 on LOW setting. GPU tends to heat up.

In the hangar... I currently get an average of 54 FPS using 1920x1080 resolution on LOW. 35-55+ FPS in the social module.

I get and average of 63 FPS in the hangar using 1680x1050 resolution on LOW. 45-60+ FPS in the social module. I usually run in this video mode.

My rig.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Mireck
Hi,
It is a Custom build DeskTop PC 12GB ram with 20Mbit Cable connection.

Graphic settings? I didnt find any advanced way to set Graphics in this game. I can only set resolution, wich i keep on my Scrreens native 1920x1080 and then some setting that alows me to set graphic level normal or high if i remember correctly.

I cant check right now because i have ma gaming rig at home and iam at work right now and i will come home at friday evening.

Last time i tried was just shortly after the Social thing became available.
Keep your heart open, and your gun loaded.

braddw25
Do you run any other graphics intensive games on that rig? I would think you should be getting much higher frame rates than what you are getting. The biggest difference between my computer and yours seems to be the cpus. I have 6 cores and I believe yours has 4. Since the game has not been optimized to take full advantage of multi core cpu's I cannot believe that the cpu alone could make that big a difference between the frame rates we are seeing. If you aren't having similar problems with other games, then Star Citizen must be producing a bottleneck somewhere in your system. Hard to tell where it might be at this point.

braddw25
Mireck,

I just did a little reading and it appears that it's possible your video card may be what is limitng your performance. I have a GTX 970 whereas yours is a GTX 960. From what I have read, there is a pretty significant performance difference between those two cards while rendering in 1080 HI def with high quality textures. My suggestion would be to try lowering your resolution first and see if that helps, then try setting the texture quality lower. See if either one of those steps gets your frame rate up to an acceptable level. The graphics in this game are beautiful, but the result can be frame rate hits on even higher end systems.

wdboyd
Mireck, did you receive my e-mail with the user.cfg file? It should help.

Minimum Computer Requirements For Star Citizen
Windows 7 (64 bit) – Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64 bit)
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
Quad core CPU
8GB Memory

Mireck, you seem to exceed these minimum requirements. I have a less powerful GPU than you, a GTX 770 but I run my graphic on the LOW setting. Still looks amazing though.

I agree with Bradd, reduce your resolution and I would add try running your graphics on the LOW settings, regardless of the resolution chosen. Let us know if you have any success.

braddw25
William, are you sure that a GTX 770 is less powerful than a 960? Unless I am mistaken (and I could be for sure) I think the two are very similar as far as performance goes, but the newer card ie the 960 achieves that performance with less power consumption and heat generation.

braddw25
Here is a link that compares the two cards....

http://gpuboss.co...ce-GTX-770

wdboyd
Well... it looks like my GTX 770 is pretty good. Gee.. even when I am wrong I come out on top. Smile

braddw25
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that the 770 is basically the same gpu as my 970. The higher numbered newer cards do not offer that big a performance advantage. The advantage lies in their lower power consumption and cooler temps which is more conducive to running multi card setups. For reference here is the comparison of the 770 which you have and the 970 which I have...

http://gpuboss.co...ce-GTX-770

wdboyd
My GTX 770 cost nowhere near $3,000. That has to be a different model.

braddw25
Those prices are almost always wrong. Not sure what they are even pricing but it isn't those video cards.

braddw25
In looking into it more, I think those prices listed are for entire systems that contain the card in question. I'm not sure why they do that, but the benchmarks for the cards are what I was interested in anyway.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll