sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Gameboard
wdboyd
Bradd,

I'm seriously considering getting this Advanced Gameboard for my left hand use in Star Citizen. It simply looks Sci-Fi great and has a LOT of programmable buttons and a mini joystick for strafing use. It is from Logitech.

G-13 Image Below.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
That does look really cool.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I'll either get one of these or a t-16000m thrustmaster joystick for left hand use.

I'm holding off on getting a HOTAS for now.

braddw25
Been meaning to ask, what is a HOTAS?
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I think it stands for Hands On Throttle And Stick. Smile

Seperate Throttle Controller. Seperate Flight Stick.

Example Image Below.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Ok, thanks. I keep seeing that mentioned, but was not sure what it was. Very cool, but I'm betting not cheap. Do you think that Logitech G13 will have the pot spiking problem that the logitech joysticks suffer from?

wdboyd
No HOTAS are not cheap... at least the good ones. The one I posted isn't one of the latest but is still cost around 150$,

The Thrustmaster Warhog HOTAS.... that has no pots like the t16000m goes for around 400$. But is considered one of the best.

CIG has stated the intention of getting a HOTAS especially built for SC. Still, I'll wait to see who builds it. I hope it will be Thrustmaster.

The G13 come with a mini joystick built in but I don't expect to use if for controller purposes... more likely for strafing application etc. Pot spiking shouldn't be as critical. The G13 should also prove very good in the FPS side of things too.

braddw25
Roger that. Thanks for the info!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll