blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Armed Citizens
wdboyd
Retired federal agent fights off robber!

A family was returning home from a funeral when a masked and armed robber approached them in the driveway of one of their houses in Harris County, Texas and demanded cash. The brother-in-law of the homeowner, a retired federal agent, responded to the threat by drawing a gun and firing at the thief, striking him twice and causing him to flee. The robber was captured a short time later after seeking treatment at a nearby hospital.

The retired agent’s actions seem to have inspired at least one of his brother-in-law’s neighbors who told a local media outlet, “I might start taking gun classes for protection.” Investigators believe the thief may have been involved in other robberies earlier in the evening.

Source: KHOU, Houston, Texas 09/16/13

Gotta love Texas.

wdboyd
How a Texas Teen’s Deadly Shooting May Have Saved His Life – But One of the Two Thugs Who Broke Into His Home Wasn’t So Lucky

When two thugs broke into a Houston home and found a teenager alone, they probably thought it would be an easy “job.” What they didn’t know was the 18-year-old would-be victim is the son of a Houston police officer and knows his way around a firearm.

The teen reportedly first called his dad, a veteran police officer, to tell him that two men were trying to get into the house. It isn’t clear what the father instructed his son to do, but when the suspects entered the home the 18-year-old opened fire, fatally shooting one of them.

“He called me and told me about it…Not long after that two unknown suspects entered our home without permission. My son, trying to defend his home and himself, he discharged my firearm, striking one of the suspects,” Ken Patmon, the homeowner, told KTRK-TV.

Patmon has been with the House Police Department for 12 years and works in the field training department, according to the report.

The cop’s son is apparently planning to join the U.S. Air Force

Source: The Blaze. Blaze.com

braddw25
I never tire of reading these accounts. Thankfully we have not yet lost our right to bear arms.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Rexor
.... I don't live in USA (I only had a 2 months vacation, invited by a friend in Arizona, several years ago), but I really would like !

I've only read the first page ............... but I'm with you strongly supporting the 2th Amendment !!!!!
Citizens are men not sheeps, they got the right to defende themselves, .... to be armed, ......... the police and the army are armed, obviously, they exist to protect the citizens ...... why the good citizens should not be armed ...... if the government doesn't plan to keep the citizens UNDER control .... ??? .
..... The citizens must be armed, .... even without an high crime rate, only to prevent a future possible tyranny.
Edited by Rexor on 10-01-2014 13:52

wdboyd
bigsmile Absolutely!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.