blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Armed Citizens
braddw25
There is a reason why this guy's generation is referred to as the greatest generation.!salute!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Homeowner defends friends from attack!

A group of friends were enjoying a bonfire outside one of their homes in Flint, Mich. when two armed robbers approached them. While the criminals herded the group inside the home and demanded their valuables, the homeowner got away from the main group and was able to retrieve a gun. When one of the robbers put a gun to the head of a victim who was having difficulty finding his wallet, the homeowner fired, striking the criminal and causing his accomplice to flee.

The homeowner’s father, who lives next door to his son, said that police were supportive of his son’s actions, explaining, “The cops complemented him quite heavily on protecting his friends and his household and his family and everything else in the matter.” An investigation has led police to suspect that this was only the latest in a string of robberies these criminals were involved in.

Source: WJRT, Flint, Mich. 08/27/12

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Homeowner defends friends from attack!

A group of friends were enjoying a bonfire outside one of their homes in Flint, Mich. when two armed robbers approached them. While the criminals herded the group inside the home and demanded their valuables, the homeowner got away from the main group and was able to retrieve a gun. When one of the robbers put a gun to the head of a victim who was having difficulty finding his wallet, the homeowner fired, striking the criminal and causing his accomplice to flee.

The homeowner’s father, who lives next door to his son, said that police were supportive of his son’s actions, explaining, “The cops complemented him quite heavily on protecting his friends and his household and his family and everything else in the matter.” An investigation has led police to suspect that this was only the latest in a string of robberies these criminals were involved in.

Hopefully that will be the end of the string then. There is currently a spate of burglaries going on in the small rural community that I call home. Garages and cars being broken into and having valuables taken. The other night they got bold enough to enter a neighbor's home. This kind of thing makes me sick. It doesn't happen very often around here, but when it does folks get pretty shaken up. I'm keeping the AR-10 locked and loaded close by my bed in case the burglar decides to target my home. It's one of those things I'm glad to have but hope I never have to use. I get especially up tight about this stuff now that I have a wife and step daughter in the home as well. I'm thinking about getting another German Sheppard as well. Mine dog, Marty died 3 years ago at the ripe old age of 17. He was the best watch dog I'd ever seen or heard of. If he barked at night, you knew for certain that something was wrong. The two little ankle biters we have now bark if they hear a sparrow chirp outside.

Source: WJRT, Flint, Mich. 08/27/12

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Actually, I pity anyone foolish enough to invade my home. Firstly, the barks and growls of my two Rottweillers should dissuade them and if not that they might notice my NRA patchs near the doors. Not to mention that I am a retired career Marine. I think you get the picture.
Wink

braddw25
Yes, I get the picture. You don't dial 911. Me either. fgt

wdboyd
Oh yea... I'll dial 911.... after the fact and a cup of coffee.

braddw25
wdboyd wrote:

Oh yea... I'll dial 911.... after the fact and a cup of coffee.

That's the way to handle it. The police in spite of their best efforts cannot be everywhere at once and chances are they might not get their in time to help those who are unprepared.

wdboyd
Homeowner dodges hatchet, shoots intruder!

A homeowner was upstairs in his Tacoma, Wash. house when he heard a suspicious noise and shouted to see if someone was downstairs. A man replied, identifying himself as a police officer, which lured the homeowner downstairs. Once downstairs, the homeowner was confronted by two home invaders, one of whom immediately threw a hatchet at him. The home invader missed, allowing the homeowner time to retrieve a shotgun and shoot one of the criminals. The burglars fled the scene, but the wounded intruder was captured when he sought medical attention at a local hospital.

Criminals of the Pacific Northwest beware; the incident marked the second armed citizen shooting in Tacoma in just over a week.

Source: The News Tribune, Tacoma, Wash. 06/27/12

wdboyd
Crime victim halts burglaries!

In recent months, Darin Fowler had been the victim of several burglaries at his Oroville, Calif. store, Air Cooled Unlimited. Fed up, Fowler, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, decided to arm himself and camp out at the business. While sleeping behind the shop one night, Fowler was awakened by a thief. Fowler drew his gun on the criminal, who complied with the business owner’s orders to stay put until police arrived.

A subsequent search of the burglar’s home uncovered several of the items that had previously been stolen from Fowler. Following the incident Fowler commented, “It was almost closure because now we can relax a little bit now and get back to work.”

Source: CBS, Sacramento, Calif. April 8, 2013

wdboyd
Elderly vet scares off intruder!

84-year-old Korean War veteran Fred Ricciutti and his wife were at home in Elizabeth Township, Pa., when at around 4:30 a.m. a man armed with a screwdriver and stun gun broke in through a kitchen window. Upon hearing the intrusion, Ricciutti retrieved a Luger pistol he carried during the war and went to investigate. When he found the home invader, Ricciutti ordered the criminal to halt, but when the intruder turned, Ricciutti fired, grazing the man in the back of the neck and causing him to flee. A short time later police captured the burglar a few blocks from Ricciutti’s house.

When asked by local media if the home invader had picked the wrong target, Ricciutti replied, “I think he probably might have.”

Source: WPXI, Pittsburgh, Pa. 05/08/12)

Yea Bradd, a PA. compatriot!

wdboyd
Elderly business owner defends wife, fells attacker!

Alfred and Sylvia Armen were tending to their music store, Armen’s House of Music, in Bethel Park, Pa. when a man, who had just been inside the store, returned with a club. The criminal struck 71-year-old Sylvia in the head, prompting a physical altercation between 73-year-old Alfred and the attacker. During the struggle, Alfred was able to retrieve a .38-caliber revolver and shoot the criminal, killing him.

Sylvia and Alfred suffered minor injuries during the incident, but Sylvia assured local media that she is “a tough cookie.”

Source: The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Pittsburgh, Pa. 04/28/13

Yea! PA, residents.

wdboyd
Store owner stops shotgun toting robber!

A robber toting a shotgun entered Sandie’s Beer Wine and Spirits in Irvington, Ala., put the gun to the owner’s head and demanded the money in the register. The owner responded by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminal, striking him in the torso and causing him to flee in a getaway car. Police captured the robber a short time later.

Recalling the incident to local media, the owner stated, “He had a shotgun and held it to my head. I saw my life passing by and I thought I wasn’t going to see my kids anymore. That’s when I got really angry. That’s when I went after him.”

Source: WPMI, Mobile, Ala. 04/29/13

wdboyd
Resident fires at trio of burglars!

A group of three burglars approached a home in Delray Beach, Fla. and knocked at the front door. When they received no answer, the trio went around to the back door and attempted to break inside. A resident of the home noticed the would-be intruders, retrieved a gun and fired at the criminals, striking one and causing all to flee in a nearby getaway car.

Police captured all three burglars a short time later at the Delray Medical Center, where the injured burglar underwent surgery.

Source: The Palm Beach Post, Palm Beach, Fla. 05/21/13

wdboyd
Woman captures burglar at gunpoint!

Just before 5 a.m., Betty Collins received a phone call from her boyfriend, who was on his way to work, warning her of a suspicious person he had spotted outside her home. Having been the victim of vehicle burglaries on the last two mornings, Collins retrieved a .357 revolver and watched the outside of her home. The suspicious looking man eventually made his way up to Collins’ door and attempted to kick it in, to which Collins responded by shouting at the criminal, “Get off my porch. I have a gun. I will shoot you.” When the would-be intruder did not comply, Collins opened the door, aimed the revolver at the burglar and ordered, “put your face in the dirt and you’re gonna stay there.” The criminal obeyed and Collins held him at gunpoint until police could arrive.

Collins later spoke to the media regarding the incident, remarking, “That’s what the Second Amendment’s for.”

Reference: WTVG, Toledo, Ohio May 16, 2013

YEA Ohio!

wdboyd
Homeowner detains intruder!

Jeremy Strong was at home with his wife and son when his wife alerted him to someone attempting to break into their house. Strong retrieved a gun, went to investigate, and discovered a man who had broken through one of the home’s windows. Strong aimed his firearm at the intruder, ordered him to the ground and held him at gunpoint until police could arrive.

Police later determined that the man was likely high on methamphetamines at the time of the disturbance. A charitable man, despite the damage, Strong has not pressed charges against the criminal, explaining that the man needs help.

Source: KKTV, Colorado Springs, Colo. 05/23/13

wdboyd
Criminal's second encounter with armed citizen proves fatal!

A homeowner in Orangeburg, S.C. shot and killed a home invader after the criminal used a shovel to break a back window to gain entry to the house. Neighbors expressed support for the armed citizen and were grateful for the fact that his daughter was not at home at the time of the incident.

One neighbor in particular could empathize with the homeowner’s situation. Marion Ammonds had an encounter with the deceased criminal in 2010. At the time, Ammonds was helping to build a nearby house for his daughter when the criminal attempted to burglarize the home. Ammonds discovered the burglar, retrieved a firearm and held the criminal at gunpoint until police could arrive.

Source: WISTV, Columbia, S.C.

wdboyd
Homeowner fells hatchet-wielding intruder!

A homeowner was asleep in his LaPorte County, Ind. home when he was awakened by the sound of glass breaking. The homeowner retrieved a pistol, went to investigate, and discovered a hatchet-wielding intruder inside the house. The armed homeowner responded to the threat by shooting the criminal in the chest, killing him.

Following the incident, one of the homeowner’s neighbors shared his thoughts on the matter with a local media outlet, stating, “I have no sympathy for [the home invader] because if he’s going to take the risk of going in to someone’s home, you’ve got to take the risk of getting shot.

Source: ABC57, South Bend, Ind. 07/08/13

braddw25
Ah yes, another armed citizen who is alive instead of being a helpless victim.

wdboyd
Man saves family from armed attackers!

Jacquella Lattimore was leaving her home in Cleveland, Ohio to take her children to camp when three armed men confronted the family. One of the gunmen took the children to the home’s garage while the other two criminals attempted to force Lattimore into the house. The gunmen were unaware that Lattimore’s fiancé, Johnny Bridges, was watching the scene unfold and was armed with a gun. Bridges fired at one of the criminals forcing his fiance into the home, striking him and causing all three to flee. The trio was captured by police a short time later.

Following the incident, Cleveland Councilman Mike Polensek expressed his support for Bridges actions, telling a local news outlet, “Whoever shot this dirt bag ought to get a medal… I might get a proclamation for him.” But even with the councilman’s words of support Bridges remained humble, telling a reporter, “Right now I don’t consider myself a hero… I just wanted to make sure my family was alright.”

Source: WEWS, Cleveland, Ohio, 07/16/13

Yea, Ohio.

wdboyd
Wife protects husband from robbers at restaurant!

A woman and her family were dining at a Denny’s in Houston, Texas when a group of six men armed with guns attempted to rob her husband while she was in the restroom. When the woman exited the restroom and spotted the hold-up, she drew a pistol and exchanged gunfire with the criminals, causing them to flee.

Following the incident, a local media outlet spoke with the victim’s brother who noted that his brother’s wife is a Right-to-Carry permit holder. The brother went on to add, “Self-defense saved my brother’s life.”

Source: KPRC, Houston, Texas 08/08/13
Yea, Texas....Good Job

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif