sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Armed Citizens
braddw25
The sad thing is that compared to his boss he is positively tolerable.Sad
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Homeowner foils pair of burglars!

Around 4 a.m., Ronald Sleisher was awakened in his home north of Neosho Rapids, Kans., by the sound of banging at the door and breaking glass. Sleisher retrieved a gun, went to investigate and discovered two intruders. Sleisher fired at the pair, striking one. The homeowner then held the other burglar at gunpoint until police could arrive.

The wounded home invader was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Source: KVOE, Emporia, Kans. 01/02/13
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

wdboyd
Woman defends home and children from armed intruder!

A woman was inside her Covington, La. home at around 1:40 a.m. when she was awakened by an armed man inside her bedroom. After retrieving a shotgun from a nearby closet, the woman checked on her children, then forced the home invader out of her house. Once the authorities arrived, police used a K-9 unit to track the criminal and found him nearby.

Source: WDSU, New Orleans, La. 03/05/13
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

wdboyd
Gas station clerks shoot armed robber!

Two clerks were operating a Sunoco gas station in Springfield Township, Ohio, when an armed robber entered the store and ordered one of the clerks to “go behind the counter and get me the money.” As the criminal went behind the counter he fired at the clerks, prompting the pair to retrieve a .40-caliber pistol and a shotgun and fire at the robber. Shots fired by both clerks struck the criminal, killing him.

A daily customer of the Sunoco station was puzzled as to why anyone would attempt to rob the store, telling local media, “I know everyone that works in there. They are all great guys. Everybody knows they have guns. That’s why I’m surprised someone tried to rob them. It does not make sense.”

Source: The Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati, Ohio 12/10/12

"Ohio... my home state, YEA!"

wdboyd
81-year-old halts robbery attempt!

81-year-old James Stevens was driving home through Ocala, Fla. when he noticed a car following him. Reluctant to go home with the person tailing him, Stevens pulled over and retrieved a .38-caliber revolver from his vehicle. The person behind him followed suit, then got out of his car, approached Stevens, and ordered him to hand over “everything you got.” Stevens responded by firing at the criminal, striking him in the abdomen and ending the robbery.

When the authorities arrived, they found the robber in some nearby grass and transported him to a local hospital. An investigation revealed that the wounded criminal had previously been convicted of altering the serial number of a firearm.

Source: The Miami Herald, Miami, Fla. 03/11/12

"Those that prey upon the old and weak are cowards. Firearms even things up."

wdboyd
Store owner stops knife-wielding robber!

Pardeep Singh was working behind the counter of his family’s convenience store, Liberty Mart, in Battle Creek, Mich. when a man entered the store and demanded money. Singh handed over some money and tried to calm the robber by talking to him. Unsatisfied with the amount of cash, the criminal said he needed more money, revealed a knife and attempted to get behind the counter. As the robber moved towards Singh, Singh retrieved a gun and shot the criminal in the head, ending the robbery.

The wounded robber was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. No one else was harmed during the incident.

Source: WOOD-TV, Battle Creek, Mich. 12/04/12

"Thou Shalt Not Steal."

wdboyd
AutoZone Employee Fired After Saving Manager!

An armed robber, who police believe has robbed more than 30 businesses on Virginia’s middle peninsula, entered an AutoZone in York County, Va. and attempted to rob the store. Upon recognizing the criminal who has been called the “fake beard bandit,” store employee Devin McClean retreated to the store’s bathroom, then exited the store and headed for his truck. McClean retrieved a pistol from his vehicle, reentered the store and ordered the criminal to freeze as he was terrorizing another employee. At first the bandit complied and threw his hands in the air, but then he fled the scene.

Following the incident, the manager on duty told McClean, “thank you Devin, you really saved my life.” Unfortunately, two days after the attempted robbery, McClean was fired by AutoZone, whose corporate office cited a zero tolerance policy when contacted by the media. Despite losing his job, McClean says he wouldn’t change anything, stating, “If I can save somebody’s life, I put that way above store policy.”

Source: WTKR, Hampton Roads, Va. 11/30/12

wdboyd
Right-to-Carry permit holder saves woman from vicious beating!

Charlie Blackmore Jr. was driving home from work at 4 a.m. through West Allis, Wis. when he noticed a man beating a woman who was lying on the ground, who according to Blackmore suffered a “big laceration by her eye” and what looked like a broken nose. Blackmore, a Marine Corps veteran and Right-to-Carry permit holder, immediately pulled over, exited the vehicle, and ordered the man to halt the attack. The attacker complied, but then moved towards Blackmore, at which point the veteran drew a 9mm pistol. Recalling the moment for local media, Blackmore stated, “I mean I’ve already made it up in mind that if he came at me I was going to have to take him down and I told him that. I warned him multiple times not to come towards me because he was a big guy and I wasn’t playing around and he didn’t seem like he was playing around.” The criminal then began to walk away, with Blackmore following him as he called the police on his cell phone. A short time later police arrived and captured the criminal.

Following the incident, Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. had kind words for Blackmore and reaffirmed his recent support for armed self-defense, noting, “I want to get to a day when acts like this are viewed as a citizen doing their civic duty. Criminals have got to be reassessing things right now. They have to be asking themselves if it is worth it anymore, might they face resistance or be shot? That’s a good thing.”

Source: WITI, Milwaukee, Wis. 03/12/13, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Milwaukee, Wis. 03/13/13

"It takes a really big man to beat up a woman." Frown

wdboyd
Woman defends son and home from burglar!

A woman was at home with her three-year-old son in Wyandotte, Okla. when she was awakened by a knock on her door. The homeowner peered outside, noticed a strange man at her door and retrieved a .22-caliber pistol. The man then began breaking into the home, making it through one of two locked doors; at which point the woman opened the inside door and fired a shot at the criminal.

The would-be burglar fled to a waiting getaway car and proceeded to cross the state line into Missouri. After viewing surveillance video of a nearby road, Missouri police were able to determine the criminal’s whereabouts and make an arrest.

Source: The Joplin Globe, Joplin, Mo. 11/21/12

I wonder if our Congress would apporve of the AR-15 magazine displayed below? It only holds 100 rounds!
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
22-year-old woman defends herself against armed home invaders!

A 22-year-old woman was at home alone in Dallas, Texas when a pair of home invaders, at least one of whom was armed, kicked in the front door. After retrieving a gun, the woman spotted the criminals as they were headed to the second floor of the house. The woman opened fire on the home invaders, striking one and causing both to flee. The wounded burglar collapsed just outside the front door and was later taken to a local hospital, where he died.

The father of the armed citizen noted that he was proud of his daughter’s actions, stating, "I'm real proud of her because I taught her that... I taught my girls that -- to defend themselves when someone comes to hurt them, and apparently she listened."

Source: NBC DFW, Dallas, Texas 10/18/12

"Gotta love Texas."

wdboyd
12-year-old girl defends herself from home invader!

12-year-old Kendra St. Clair was at home alone in Durant, Okla. when a man began banging on the front door. Frightened, Kendra called her mother at work, who told her to retrieve a .40-caliber pistol and to hide in the bathroom closet. Kendra complied, and after calling 911, heard the criminal break through a back door. After about six minutes inside the home, the intruder made it to the bathroom closet where Kendra was hiding. As the home invader attempted to open the closet, Kendra fired at the criminal, striking him and causing him to flee. Police captured the intruder a short time later and transported him to a hospital.

Following the incident, Kendra’s mother told local media about how her daughter was coping, stating, “She’s a trooper… She’s staying strong and confident. She’s handling this much better than I would have.” When asked about her experience, Kendra told reporters, “I kept my head on straight.”

Source: The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City, Okla. 10/19/12)

"WOW a twelve year old. She obviouslly had free access to and knew how to use the pistol, ie. trained."

wdboyd
Cancer patient detains home invaders!

63-year-old cancer patient Dixon Smith was at home in Laketon Township, Mich. when a pair of burglars broke into his house. Smith spotted one of the criminals walking by his front window, and then heard the burglars talking downstairs. After retrieving a shotgun, Smith confronted the intruders, ordering them to the ground. The burglars complied, and Smith held the pair until police could arrive.

According to Smith, the police response took “Kind of a long five to 10 minutes.”

Source: MLive.com, Michigan, 09/21/12

wdboyd
Couple battles violent home invaders!

A homeowner in Maypearl, Texas was at home watching TV when she heard a suspicious noise at the door. When she got up to investigate, the woman spotted one of a pair of armed criminals trying to get into her home. The homeowner then went find her husband and retrieve a gun. The husband was on another part of the property, but once he heard of the intrusion he went inside the house and retrieved a rifle. A gun battle ensued, with the husband and wife firing at the criminals and the criminals returning fire.

The homeowners managed to strike one of the home invaders in the foot, while the other fled in a pickup truck to a nearby field. After succumbing to the armed resistance, both criminals took their own lives.

Following the incident, Lt. James Saulter of the Ellis County Sheriff’s Department told local media, “Our sheriff is always letting homeowners know to arm themselves. This is one of the reasons why… Sometimes it takes a while for us to get out this far, and they have to take care of themselves.”

Source: KENS, San Antonio, Texas 03/21/13)

"No.. that can't be. We should wait for the police to discover our bodies a week or two after the robbery." Sad

wdboyd
Cancer patient detains home invaders!

63-year-old cancer patient Dixon Smith was at home in Laketon Township, Mich. when a pair of burglars broke into his house. Smith spotted one of the criminals walking by his front window, and then heard the burglars talking downstairs. After retrieving a shotgun, Smith confronted the intruders, ordering them to the ground. The burglars complied, and Smith held the pair until police could arrive.

According to Smith, the police response took “Kind of a long five to 10 minutes.”

Source: MLive.com, Michigan, 09/21/12

wdboyd
Woman fights off two home invaders!

A woman in Elm City, N.C. was home sick from work when she heard a banging at her back door. The noise turned out to be a pair of home invaders who forced their way inside as the woman fled to retrieve a gun and hide in a closet. Eventually the burglars made it to the room where the homeowner was hiding, and when they opened the door, the woman fired at them, striking one and causing both to flee.

Neighbor Wayne Crumpler spotted the home invaders after hearing one of the criminals screaming for help in the street. As one of the burglars moved towards Crumpler’s property, Crumpler retrieved a revolver and ordered the man to halt. The criminals fled, but were captured by police a short time later. Speaking to local media about the incident, Crumpler approved of his neighbor’s actions, stating, “She was lucky she knew how to use a handgun and lucky she had it. Because if she hadn’t, we might be going to a funeral.”

Source: WRAL, Raleigh, N.C. 03/22/13

wdboyd
Gun Owners and Gun Vendors Take A Stand!

Across the United States, gun stores are virtually empty. There is simply little or no ammunition to be had. Backorders are running into the late fall or next year, or maybe never. Gun sales are highter than at any time in our history, more than one million a month. And first-time gun buyers are exercising their right to keep and bear arms in unprecedented numbers.

All of this adds up to a massive civil rights protest the likes of which America has not seen before.

But it's not just consumers who are voting their economics. Every year in Harrisburg Pa. (hey Bradd) more than 200,000 people attend the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. This year, the event organizer (owned by a British company) announced it would ban semi-auto rifles, saying the presence of such products "would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests."

That statement is straight out of the gun-ban playbook, you know the lie; these guns have nothing to do with "legitimate sportsmen."

As a result of the exhibition ban, following the lead of giant retailer Cabela's, a diverse group of vendors began pulling out by the hundreds and the show was shut down. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette called it "an act of pro-gun solidarity... The ban triggered a revolt among the show's gun exhibitors that grew into a boycott by vendors and sponsors, many of which do not sell guns."

Nothing like this has ever happened before. These companies are putting their financial future on the line. They lost millions--and they did it for the priciple of our Second Amendment.

The next time you hear someone in the media say "sportsmen" don't care about semi-autos, tell them about Harrisburg Pa. Every politician in America ought to understand what happend and contrary to media reports, it was not led by the NRA. It was a spontaneous combustion reaction to Barack Obama's obvious obsession with erasing our very culture of peaceable gun ownership.

The NRA didn't empty the gun stores. The NRA didn't close down the sports show gun-banners. Ordinary Americans did it. In a time of harsh economic hardship, millions of ordinary Americans are speaking with their pocketbooks and they are hammering the Congress as never before.

A member of Congress recently pled to Wayne LaPierre (Executive Vice Presidend of the NRA) to "turn it off". LaPierre told him "The NRA didn't turn it on. Barack Obama turned it on." LaPierre told him, "only you have the power to turn it off and you do that by simply saying 'No' to any gun control scheme."

Source: American Rifleman Magazine, April 2013 Edition.
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
Prepared store owner foils robbery!

A pair of armed robbers entered the Meta Mart convenience store in Pike County, Ky. and headed towards the counter. Upon spotting the men, the clerk on duty called out to store owner Garry Thornsberry, who was in a back office. After glancing up at a security monitor, Thornsberry recognized the threat, retrieved a gun and fired at the two criminals, causing them to flee.

Thornsberry told local media that he had mentally prepared himself for a violent confrontation following robberies at other stores in the area, stating, “You have to prepare. It’s too late when it happens to start thinking ‘what am I going to do.” Thornsberry went on to comment, “Until we get some of these people off the streets we’re going to have to live in fear of going to work.”

Source: WYMT, Hazard, Ky. 09/18/12

wdboyd
Young woman fights off attacker!

Just after a 22-year-old woman got out of her car in Oregon City, Ore., a man grabbed her by her ponytail and dragged and attacked her. The criminal continued his attack until the young woman drew a handgun, which caused the attacker to flee. In describing the incident to local media, Oregon City Police Sgt. Matthew Paschall recalled, “He continued to assault her until she was able to defend herself by producing her legally-owned handgun.”

Source: KPTV, Portland, Ore. 04/01/13, KGW, Portland, Ore. 04/02/2013

"The young woman would have most likely been charged and arrested if her weapon wasn't, so called, legally-owned. This regardless of the fact that it had probably saved her life or prevented her rape. Does that make sense? I think not. Women should be able to defend themselves, anywhere, with any means necessary, period. For that matter, we all should be able to and without fear of any recrimination." wdboyd

wdboyd
Elderly man holds burglar for police!

82-year-old Jim Brazel and his wife were asleep at home in Linn County, Ore. when they were awakened by suspicious noises coming from Brazel’s workshop. After retrieving a .410 shotgun, Brazel went to investigate and discovered a burglar. Brazel said to the man, “You take one more step and this gun goes off in the middle of your chest. Do what you want.” The criminal chose to stay put until police could arrive, 20 minutes later.

Following the incident, Brazel spoke of the burglar to local media, stating, “He’s making a mistake to try country people… Because 99 percent of us are all the same. We’re not afraid to shoot.”

Source: NWCN, Portland, Ore. 03/28/13

wdboyd
92-year-old World War II vet fights off home invaders!

92-year-old World War II veteran Earl Jones was at home on the Boone County, Ky. farm he has worked for over five decades when he heard a loud noise in the basement. Jones retrieved a .22-caliber rifle and went to a chair opposite the door to the basement. After several minutes, a home invader came through the basement door, at which point Jones fired at the criminal, killing him. The dead intruder’s accomplices fled the scene, but were captured after calling police with a lie about how their cohort had been shot.

During an interview with local media, Jones made clear his adamant support for the right to self-defense. Jones told a reporter, “I didn’t go to war for nothing. I have the right to carry a gun. That’s what I told the police this morning,” adding, “Was I scared? Was I mad? Hell, no… It was simple. That man was going to take my life. He was hunting me. I was protecting myself.”

Source: NKY.com, Northern Kentucky, September 3, 2012

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif