blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Armed Citizens
wdboyd
When "Roosevelt's Rough Riders" went to war in Cuba in 1898, they took two Colt-Browning model 1895 machine guns with them. They were the first U.S. Army machine guns used in combat.

So what?

Well, they were gifts from family members of the troopers!

Yes, civilians bought the machine guns and gifted them to the "Rough Rider" troops.

As the late Paul Harvey used to say "Now you know the rest of the story".
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
That's an awesome story from the US's rich tradition of gun ownership that is now being threatened,
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
From The Dallas Observer, Dallas, Texas 02/19/13

A homeowner in Dallas, Texas heard a suspicious noise in his house, went to investigate, and discovered a man attempting to crawl through a window. The homeowner retrieved a gun and shot the home invader, killing him.

In comments to local media, Dallas Police Sergeant described the homeowner’s actions, ending with “according to the law, the castle doctrine, he used deadly force.” The deceased intruder’s mother came to the scene after hearing about shooting, but wasn’t surprised by the outcome, stating of her son, “Yeah, it’s something he would do.” Police records confirm her statement, showing the home invader had half a dozen arrests for theft.

"YEA Texas!"

braddw25
Once again, what is the best way to stop a bad guy? Have a good guy present with a gun.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Woman saves sister from robbery and assault!

Sisters Debi Keeney and Donna Carlyle were at home in Highland, Mo. when a man forced his way inside the apartment as Keeney returned from smoking a cigarette outside. The criminal then threw Carlyle to the floor and began choking her and demanding money. Keeney recalled, “All I could see was Donna’s face going blue, like her life was being choked out of her.” In response, Keeney retrieved a .22-caliber pistol and, after a verbal warning, fired at the home invader, striking him twice and ending the attack.

Following the incident, Keeney stated, “I gave him the opportunity to leave. I wish he had left without me having to shoot him… But in the same situation again, I would do it again.” The sisters’ neighbor, Rodney Rusick, was supportive of Keeney’s actions, telling local media, “I’m proud of her for shooting that dude.”

Source: (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Mo. 02/10/13)

braddw25
While it is unfortunate that criminals put good people in these situtaions, stories like this never get old. It's much better to be an armed law abiding citizen than a victim is it not?

wdboyd
70-year-old basketball coach defends self and players!

The women’s basketball coach in Detroit, Mich. was walking two players to their vehicles when a pair of armed criminals approached. The 70-year-old coach was grabbed by one of the robbers, who then threatened him with what appeared to be a gun. After a brief struggle, the coach, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, drew a pistol and shot both criminals, killing one and landing the other in the hospital.

Source: (WXYZ, Detroit, Mich. 02/04/13)

wdboyd
A homeowner was at his house in Fort Wayne, Ind. when a burglar armed with a handgun broke into the home. The homeowner responded by retrieving a gun and firing at the criminal, causing him to flee. Police do not believe the burglar was struck.

Fort Wayne Police spokesman Sgt. Mark Brooks told local media that it was unlikely that the armed citizen would face charges, as Indiana’s castle doctrine law protects homeowners.

Source: (The News-Sentinel, Fort Wayne, Ind. 02/01/2013)
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

wdboyd
Homeowner fells wanted criminal!

Shortly after 4 a.m., a homeowner in McLoud, Okla. awakened to the sound of a burglar breaking into his house. The homeowner retrieved a gun and fired at the criminal, striking him once and causing him to flee. The home invader was captured by police a short time later while seeking treatment at a nearby hospital.

An investigation revealed that the criminal was already subject to a felony bench warrant for failing to appear in court for a case in which he was charged with three counts of possession of a stolen vehicle.

Source: The News-Star, Shawnee, Okla. 01/31/13

wdboyd
Man defends himself and wife from home invaader!

David Erives and his wife were in their Omaha, Neb. home when a man began pounding on their back door. The wife went to answer the door, but upon opening it, the man grabbed her and came inside the house. To protect his wife, Erives retrieved a rifle and shot the criminal once in the leg and ordered the home invader to the floor. When the intruder didn’t comply, Erives shot the man again, this time in the chest, killing him.

Police are conducting an investigation, but have told local media, “at this point all indications are that the shooting was justified.”

Source: WOWT, Omaha, Neb. January 26, 2013

wdboyd
Gun owner saves boy from vicious pit bull attack!

An 11-year-old boy was riding a bike through his Washington, D.C. neighborhood when he encountered a trio of unleashed pit bulls. The pit bulls viciously attacked the boy, with the young man’s uncle later recalling that all three of the dogs were biting the boy’s limbs. A neighbor who witnessed the attack went home, retrieved a pistol, and fired at the dogs, striking one. The sound of gunfire alerted a police officer to the attack, and once on the scene the officer dispatched the other two dogs. Following the attack, the boy was taken to a local hospital and underwent surgery.

The boy’s uncle praised the actions of the armed citizen and police officer, stating, “They did the right thing.”

Unfortunately, doing the right thing can be a crime in Washington, D.C., as District police are investigating whether the armed citizen violated any of the city’s onerous gun control laws.

Source: The Washington Post, Washington, D.C. 01/22/13

"Notice the reaction of the police in their bastion of liberal stupidity."

wdboyd
Homeowner halts crime spree!

Jeffersonville, Ind. homeowner Mike Dreyer was allowing his ex-wife to stay in a storage building on his property, when two burglars attempted to break into the shed. The ex-wife was inside when the thieves struck at 4:30 a.m., and used her cell phone to alert Dreyer, who was across the property in his home, to the threat. Dreyer retrieved a gun, came out of the house and confronted the criminals. Upon seeing the gun, one of the thieves dropped to the ground, while the other fled over a fence. After a brief standoff with the criminal who had jumped the fence, Dyer managed to call the police and hold the remaining burglar at gunpoint until they arrived.

Clark County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Jeremy Mull told media that the captured criminal and his partner were on a crime spree before reaching Dreyer’s property. Mull went on to alert burglars to the dangers of their behavior, warning that “many more homeowners are now armed.”

Source: WAFB, Baton Rouge, La. January 18, 2013

wdboyd
Son defends parents from home invaders!

A 21-year-old man was at home with his parents in Houston, Texas when three armed men approached the house. After hearing a knock on the door, the father went to see who it was, opening the door slightly. The home invaders used this opportunity to force their way inside, and pushed the father and mother to the ground. The son ran into another room, retrieved a gun and fired at the criminals, killing one and causing the others to flee. Police captured the surviving criminals in a getaway car a short time later.

Source: KHOU, Houston, Texas 2/22/13

"YEA Texas!"
Edited by wdboyd on 08-03-2013 09:50

braddw25
Do you get these from an NRA publication? Just curious. I enjoy reading them all.Smile

wdboyd
Yes, from an NRA website. B)

wdboyd
Armed Citizen halts car theft!

A man was visiting family inside a home in San Antonio, Texas, when he overheard a pair of thieves attempting to steal his SUV that was parked outside. The SUV owner retrieved a gun, went to confront the criminals, and fired after seeing one of the thieves holding what looked like a gun. The SUV owner’s shots struck both men. One of the wounded criminals attempted to flee in a getaway car, but crashed into a parked vehicle after making it only a block.

Once police arrived on the scene, they discovered one of the thieves to be dead and took the other to a local hospital. Police noted that the SUV owner is not expected to face charges.

Source: KENS, San Antonio, Texas 01/15/12

"Gotta love Texas."

wdboyd
Father protects infant son from violent attack!

After pulling into the driveway of his brother’s home in Columbus, Ohio, Kelby Smith removed his 2-month-old son, still in his car seat, from the vehicle. While still in the driveway, an armed robber approached Smith and demanded money, prompting Smith to kneel down to shield his son. Smith, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, handed the man a small amount of money then drew a pistol, at which point the criminal retreated. But during his escape, the robber turned and pointed his gun at Smith, prompting Smith to shoot the criminal.

Police captured the wounded robber a short time later after he sought medical treatment at a local hospital. Smith and his son were not harmed during the incident and police have not charged the armed citizen.

Source: The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, Ohio 01/08/12

"YEA! My home state!"

wdboyd
Mother of two protects children from home invader!

A mother of two was home with her children in Loganville, Ga. when she heard a repeated knocking at the door. Concerned, the mother called her husband, who told her to “get the kids and hide.” The mother complied, retrieving a gun and taking her children to a crawlspace. By the time they were hidden, the criminal who had been knocking at the door had made it inside the house and was making his way towards the closet where the family was hiding. The home invader opened the crawlspace door, at which point the mother fired six shots from a .38-caliber revolver, striking the criminal five times. The mother kept the revolver trained on the home invader as he exited the house.

Once outside, the criminal tried to flee in his vehicle, but only made it a short distance before he was captured by police. Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman commented that “When you got five bullets in you, it makes you kind of disoriented.”

The proud husband praised his wife following the incident, stating, “My wife’s a hero… She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do.”

Source: The Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta, Ga. 01/04/13

braddw25
Great story. How does this compare to the Vice President's suggestion to just get a shotgun and fire it though the closed door??

wdboyd
The Vice President is clearly a pompus moron and an embarassment to our country. Sad

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll