blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Warbird Video
braddw25
I don't agree with all the rankings, but what is not to like about warbird pictures!!!

https://www.warhi...-1945.html
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Feregorn
Great pictures in that video! My WW2 favorites are the Supermarine Spitfire, the P51 Mustang and the Me262.

wdboyd
P-51, Spitfire. P-38. Yea, great craft.

I always liked the look of the P-40 but it was pretty much outdated, performance wise, by the start of WWII. Yea, Flying Tigers.

braddw25
Agreed on the P-40. Very nice looking bird. The Flying tigers paint livery was a perfect match for the lines of the P-40.

All the craft in that video are worthy of recognition as being outstanding aircraft. I just don't understand having the Hellcat rated as #2. If you are basing it on kills then it should have been number 1 even ahead of the Mustang. If as the author said you are basing it on performance, then there is no way I would rank the Peformance off the Hellcat ahead of the corsair, but I'm just splitting hairs. Every one of those birds was great in its own way.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
I just bought a copy of Tora Tora Tora. Grin

I think it is a great movie portraying Japanese and American actions prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor and the attacks immediate aftermath.

braddw25
I have that one also. I agree it is a masterpiece. If you watch closely you will note that it uses alot of the same war footage scenes that were also used in the Midway movie which came out a bit later I believe.

wdboyd
Yes, it is very well done.

Wylann
Great vid. The P-38 has always been my favorite, and it's my go to fighter when I fly online (Ace High).

wdboyd
Have you delved into DCS?

It looks detailed, complicated but great. confused

braddw25
What is DCS?

wdboyd
Digital Combat Simulation.

http://www.digita...or.com/en/ < - - - alink

Presents a great realistic flight model and craft. I've just started to get into it. I have downloaded

Digital Combat Simulator World FREE!

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on simulation of military aircraft. It includes the FREE Su-25T and TF-51D aircraft and it is extensible through additional DCS modules as well as user-made add-ons and mods.

DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia - the location of the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008.

I have also already obtained... Combined Arms.

DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) in multiplayer and designate targets for player-controlled close air support aircraft, or directly control armor vehicles or air defense weapons and engage the enemy.

Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armor warfare game, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.

Take note of this Bradd. DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer gameplay. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.

I plan to obtain Flaming Cliffs 3 soon.

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) features the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A, MiG-29S, Su-25T, and Su-25. FC3 aircraft provide an easy learning curve for new players and focuses on a broad range of aircraft rather than a detailed single aircraft. FC3 is a module of DCS: World, which makes it compatible with all other DCS: World titles like A-10C, Black Shark 2, P-51D, and Combined Arms.

Afterwards I plan to get the A-10C Warthog.

DCS: A-10C Warthog is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucasus region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Bradd, check the site out when you get a chance. It could be challenging and fun to fly coop in ACS.

NOTE: This is a simulation game.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Roger that. Going to check it out now.

wdboyd
I'm gradually getting into this simulation.

Track IR is fully supported in DCS.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Wylann
Aces High is free to DL and play offline. Lots of great flight models, plus you can drive tanks, man anti-aircraft, and even 'drive' battleships and carriers. The PT boat is a real blast. http://www.hitech...tions.com/

It only costs if you want to play in their big online arenas. You can set up and host for free up to 8 players (last I looked, they may have bumped that up recently).

braddw25
Well I guess I'll have to give that one a try as well!!

Feregorn
I was into the simulation genre a lot more when I was younger. Had a joystick of course and enjoyed IL2 Sturmovik, Combat Simulator 2, Flanker and I even had the Flaming Cliffs 3 DCS game, but it was starting to get all complicated and I had was starting to have less time and patience to invest timewise and get the real feel from these demanding games. Still, the DCS simulators are some (if not the) best in their kind. Especially the combat helo versions are outstanding!

I looked into the Aces High you mention Wylann and it looks impressive, especially the range of vehicles you can command. I will have a look into it! Thanks for the tip!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll