icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
New Star Citizen Ride
wdboyd
Salutations Citizens,

I just added a F7C-M Super Hornet to my hangar! aiee

Now I have to learn how to fly and best maximize its' weapons and shield loadout.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Congrats!!! I have a feeling you are going to love it!!! I know I love mine. As of now its by far my favorite ship of the ones I own. I have yet to be able to fly the connie though.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Bradd,

I put two S3 Panther guns on my Hornet! Smile

I first had to remove the wing gimbal mounts. Size 3 Ballistic and Laser weapons appear mountable as fixed weapons on the Super Hornet wings.

I like this configuration of guns. Bulldogs (nose), Panthers (wings) and Badgers (turret). They present only one aiming pip which makes things simpler. I like simple.

Unfortunately... only S1 missiles are permitted in the Super Hornets quad missile racks. Frown
wdboyd attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

braddw25
Sounds awesome. I think mine has two laser canons and 4 bulldogs if I am not mistaken. In my experience, the laser canons are less than useless so I always use only the bulldogs. I am not that familiar with the Badgers and Panthers you mentioned. I just may have to look into upgrading my Hornet a bit as well.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
The Super Hornet came stock with two Bulldogs and two Badgers. The only change I made was swapping out the stock gimbled S2 M4A Laser Cannons for fixed S3 Panthers. Wink

braddw25
That's interesting. I wonder why mine has 4 bulldogs? Or do the badgers fire right along with the Bulldogs? All I know is when I push the button 4 different bolts fire out and they all look the same. As you can tell, I don't know very much about Star Citizen weapon systems just yet. LOL

wdboyd
I think the fire together on mine but they look different. Not sure but if yours fire and look the same and they fire at the same speed, they are probably the same type.

You can check it out on your hangar holotable to verify what they are.

Do you have the full military F7A Hornet? It probably has a different weapons loadout than the Super Hornet.

braddw25
I have an F7C-M super Hornet.

braddw25
I did buy mine from another person. I am wondering if perhaps he had changed the loadout a bit before selling it.

wdboyd
You can check the stock loadout for your particular craft on the RSI Store site. bluthumb

The stock F7C-M Super Hornet is listed: (This is what mine had)

Canard - 2 Bulldogs S1
Ball Turret - 2 Badgers S2
Wings - 2 M4A Laser Cannons S2 Gimbled.

As indicated above, I have swapped out the S-2 M4As for fixed S-3 Panthers.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
Thanks for the info. How does the firepower of the panther's compare to the bulldog?

wdboyd
I've read that the Panthers pack a much bigger punch when compared to Bulldogs or Badgers.

braddw25
Good to know. Thanks!!!

wdboyd
Hey, I just realized that one could put a fixed S3 Panther on the SH Canard position. Uhmm. idea Drool... drool

braddw25
I just checked and indeed my Hornet does have 2 bulldogs and 2 badgers. Bulldogs and Badgers must look and fire very similarly to one another because all 4 look the same to me in game.

wdboyd
I think they fire as the same 'group' of weapons and at the same time.

braddw25
I think you are correct. I just was able to verify that they are different weapons even though the look very similar when fired. I hit an asteroid by accident and it took out both of my badgers. When firing only bulldogs, the damage done to enemy ships is noticeably less than when the badgers join in.

braddw25
William, you are a genius!! I hope you don't mind my copying off of your ideas, but I just mounted two Panthers in the same place you did, and oh my word. I thought the Hornet was an awesome craft before, but with those things mounted it's almost not fair. They chew through a Vanduul Scavenger in very short order. All 3 of mine weapon types (Bulldog, Badger, and Panther) still look identical, but there is clearly a difference in the damage they do. Do yours look different from one another?? I don't know if that is the way it's supposed to be or if my install is buggy or something but either way, awesome choice of weaponry.

wdboyd
I won't argue with you evaluation of my intellect. My equally renowned humility won't permit it. bigsmile
Of course I don't mind you trying my ideas. I wanted to optimize the SH loadout. That's why I shared the idea.

The Panther, Badger and Bulldog are all versions of Laser Repeaters so they look much alike... but there are visual differences.

Did you notice that the use of all Laser Repeaters caused there to be only one aiming pip or reticule? Different types of weapons present their own unique reticule. I find it much simpler to aim with just the one. Also, did you take notice your guns energy usage? Were they overheating and forcing you to slow or stop firing to permit them to cool down?

Another loadout idea. We can probably remove our two S1 nose canard guns and its mount to install another single fixed Panther. I don't know if that would be all the beneficial in the long run. But it might. Then you would have three S3 Panthers and the two S2 Badgers on the turret. This would project some potent firepower. Just an idea.

From what I have read, the only weakness of the SH is it's handling. Pilots report that it is not all that agile. Against a Gladius, M50 or 350R it can have a hard time getting them lined up for a shot. Especially if going against a good human pilot. The slower rate of fire of the Panthers might compound said problem.

We might also benefit with a upgrade to the Shields. I think the SH comes stock with S3 shields. Perhaps we can upgrade to S4 shields. Just a thought. I need to stop thinking so much.

Overall, I really like the Super Hornet.

braddw25
I do see now that there are differences in the appearance. When I posted earlier, I had been playing the game on my Alpha which I have set on 720p and also playing on a smaller monitor so things aren't as easy to see. When I got home I loaded it up on my main pc which is hooked to my TV and I can see the differences on that setup. I did take note of the energy drain and heating of the weapons. When mine start to get warm I alternate firing just the bulldogs and badgers and then allow them to cool while firing only the Panthers.

I can verify that what you said is true about mounting a third Panther. I was goofing around today and took the nose guns and the turret thing they are mounted too off and replaced it with a single badger. I did not have a third panther to install, but it did say that when configured like that it could take a size 1-3 weapon so I am pretty certain we could mount a Panther there.

I also agree with what you said about the agility of the Hornet. I have tried out some of those other craft and I can tell you for sure that they are more agile than the Hornet is. For me this is not a bad thing as I have always preferred a heavier more stable gun platform to a fast and twitchy light one. I can see where it could be a disadvantage against a skilled pilot who knows how to take advantage of the agility difference. In the end, I prefer firepower to agility if given the choice.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-s.png Member Poll