blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Good news
braddw25
I just read a piece of good news that I had never heard before or possibly heard and forgot. Anyway, we in the past have voiced concerns about the massively multiplayer persistent universe and the possibility of having large clans or gangs acting like douchebags and basically making life difficult for others. Apparently there will be some sort of slider system incorporated into the final product that will allow us to choose what level of exposure to other players we want to allow. In my estimation, if done right, this will be a very nice feature that will enable us to eliminate or at least minimize the 'grieving" that can often accompany the formation of large clans. I have seen some pretty good games literally ruined by marauding clans who like to prey on noobs. I understand that there will be and should be an element of danger and threats that one needs to overcome in order to make the game interesting. However, I do not find it interesting to have a large gang of ships just sitting and waiting to pounce on an new player and completely inexperienced player who happens to spawn nearby. I have seen it happen, and it can ruin the experience for a great many people.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Yes, I've read the RSI is going to make it possible for players to select the type of online multiplay they desire. PVE or PVP.

PVE will include mostly AI controlled characters with some live players permitted. The live players will be limited in numbers. In any PVP game there will be griefers that cheat or game the system to their unfair advantage. RSI seems to want to limit this. I'm a cynic when it comes to this. RSI will try... but I have my doubts about their success.

I just hope there are real consequences for cheaters or griefers in Star Citizen, outside of placing bounties on the culprits. There are those that actually like being wanted by the authorities.

Bradd, if it indeed turns out that griefers are ruining the experience in the PU we will have the option of running a private server. Albeit, such server will have a limited universe to explore. Let's wish RSI success.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
For sure. The private server is always a fallback option. I am confident that my new rig possibly with upgrades would be able to serve as the server for it, but I would much rather have the RSI persistent universe work out.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll