blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Newtown CT.
braddw25
Thoughts and prayers for the families of the victims in the Newtown, CT school shooting.

Isiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

wdboyd
It takes a real brave hero to invade a public school and murder defenseless children and teachers. [sarcasm] Sad

Why don't such immoral idiot scum attack police stations. Could it possibly be that even these murderous fools know that they would be shot and killed by armed policemen. Just a thought.

It is also ironic that prayer in this school wasn't permitted the day before the shootings... but afterwards a prayer vigil could be held. Why is it bad before and good afterwards? Just a thought.

It should be noted that CT has the fifth most stringent gun laws in the country.

It should also be noted that I own weapons and I have seen that they do abolutely nothing unless I pick them up, load them, turn off the safety, point, aim and shoot them. Just and observation.

Also, none of them have gotten up of their own accord and shot anybody walking by my home or robbed a nearby convience store or bank. If any of you have weapons that do such things, get rid of them... they are evil minded. [sarcasm]
Edited by wdboyd on 19-12-2012 10:48

braddw25
On all accounts I could not agree more, William. Being a teacher myself, I have been thinking alot about this horrible tragedy, and I think as appalling as everything about it is, the worst thing that stick in my throat is that a single armed and trained citizen in that school could have stopped the entire incident in its tracks.

I am sure we will now be faced with numerous reactionary measures that do-gooders will seek to do in order to prevent such things in the future. I truly hope that one aspect that gets consideration is to ask why is it that these lunatics seem to target schools so often. Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that they know that nobody there will be armed and able to mount a significant defense? It is not lost on me that the shooter in this latest tragedy turned his weapon upon himself the second he realized that armed police officers were on the scene.

I too am the proud owner of an "assault rifle" an AR-10 with a high capacity 20 round magazine, and like you I have never observed it trying to hurt anything besides paper targets.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll