sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Player's Lounge
 Print Thread
Windows 8 experience
Toshiro
Hi
just moved over stuff to new PC. First game to go on was SSTGS.
Worked well after install except for"accept and cancel" buttons near bottom of screen. You can put cursor over them, but does not always accept input. clicking near the blue light indicator seems to work, or when blue light is on press enter on keyboard.
compatibility mode in xp and win 7 opens game windowed. ?? and buggy
any other experiences out there in the blue rift?
Toshiro

braddw25
I have not had the pleasure or displeasure of using Windows 8 just yet. I am completely satisfied with Windows 7 and honestly feel that it was the best release of windows ever. I wish they would just stick with it to be honest. Sorry I can't be more help to you with Windows 8, but I don't have any plans of changing over until I absolutely have to.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Toshiro wrote:

Hi
just moved over stuff to new PC. First game to go on was SSTGS.
Worked well after install except for"accept and cancel" buttons near bottom of screen. You can put cursor over them, but does not always accept input. clicking near the blue light indicator seems to work, or when blue light is on press enter on keyboard.
compatibility mode in xp and win 7 opens game windowed. ?? and buggy
any other experiences out there in the blue rift?
Toshiro

Try this. Under "properties" on your games shortcut.

Select--- Compatibility

Check the box Disable Visual Themes.

Save.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Toshiro
Hi
You know what? There is no disable visual themes selection. Wonder if that part was changed for Win 8. There is a compatibility help wizard. It picked Xp sp3. game opened in windowed mode. Task bar still visible on bottom. I clicked the expand button and then it looked normal. Accept and cancel were now clicking normaly. Weird huh. I actually don't have any other issues with win 8, so far. Visually its quite a step different from win7, but not to bad to navigate. Made more for a Tablet.
Thanks Toshiro

braddw25
Glad to hear you got it figured out and that Starshatter will run properly on windows 8!Grin
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Toshiro
Wow that was weird. while in compatibility mode, the game was unable to find undated mods in Mods folder. When I turn off compatibility mode, its ok. ??

Oh well its still workable without compatibility mode off.

T

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif