blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Look what I found!!!
braddw25
Have you ever tried setting the max it at something like 6.28? That would give an almost full 360 degree firing arc in theory. I'm going to go try it right now.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

braddw25
Tried it, did it, worked like a charm. Full 360 firing arc now.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Great! That makes logical sense. woot

I'll have to do it to some of my hover tanks and craft.

Please display a copy of your working 360 degree turret def. information. I'm such a failure. Frown

braddw25
All I did was set the azimuth in the craft def file to zero which made the turret face forward instead of backward. Then I went to the def file for the turret itself and set the aim_az_max to 6.28.

I will try to post them if I can. I will need to selectively procure a flash drive or something from someone here at work though so I can transfer the file from my personal laptop which cannot connect to the internet here to this work laptop which can.

wdboyd
Ok.

braddw25
Here is the pertinent info from the craft def file....

weapon: {
type: "Hornet Turret"
abrv: Turret
muzzle: (2, 0, 24)
muzzle: (-2, 0, 24)
loc: (0, 78, -35)
azimuth: 0
scale: 2.0
size: 32
hull_factor: 0.3
}

And here is the turret def file.

WEAPON

primary: {
name: "Hornet Turret"
group: TURRET
beauty: "Turret1_Beauty.pcx"
description: "This automated FIGHTER TURRET provides rear quarter protection for the F-57C Hornet series of attack fighters. The turret is tied into the Alliance sensor network and will automatically engage any threat that comes within its range. Even though it is not the most accurate platform in the fleet, the Fighter Turret is an effective deterrent to any fighters attempting a tail chase on the 'Bolt."
target_type: 0x000fffff
value: 1
capacity: 100
recharge_rate: 2
refire_delay: 0.3
charge: 1
min_charge: 1
damage: 250
speed: 8.0e3
life: 3

min_range: 3.0e3
max_range: 12.5e3
max_track: 25.0e3

self_aiming: true
aim_az_max: 6.28
aim_el_max: 0.50
aim_el_min: 0

turret: "Hturret/Hturret.mag"
scale: 0.24

graphic_type: 3 // bolt
width: 2
length: 40
bitmap: "RebLasers/RebLaser.pcx"
flash: "flash1.pcx"
flash_scale: 0.5
sound: "Zap8.wav"
sound_min_dist: 1e3
sound_max_dist: 15e3
}

I should point out I'm not certain that this is the best or even the correct way to do this, but for now it is causing the turret to act as I wanted it to as far as azimuth goes. I still have work to do to get the elevation right however because at this point the turret elevates to high and can actually aim itself right down through the fuselage on the low side so the aim_el max and min are not working as I intended yet. Hope this is helpful.

wdboyd
Yes, it is as is suspected. Pretty straight forward.

I'll check on the aim_el setting situation.

Addendum: Excerpt from shatter.dat LCA turret information.

self_aiming: true
aim_el_max: 0.80
aim_el_min: 0.00

Try 0.00 or 0.000 for your aim_el_min: setting. That should limit the downward trajectory of the turret aiming.

I still vaguely remember not being able to get a turret to work properly in a 360 degree firing arc.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
That took care of it. It has to be 0.0, and not just 0 in order for it to work. Thanks very much!!jumpingwoot!bb!applaud

wdboyd
bigsmile

braddw25
Were you able to get your turrets firing in a full 360 arc?

braddw25
Here she is with bump and spec maps added.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

Were you able to get your turrets firing in a full 360 arc?

I haven't gotten into it yet. CompGreet

wdboyd
braddw25 wrote:

Here she is with bump and spec maps added.

Looks great Bradd. Good job. twothumbsup

braddw25
Thanks! I'm going to upload it to the site as soon as I'm completely done playtesting it.

Lucan
Yay! So glad it worked. Grin

braddw25
Thanks, Lucan!

braddw25
I thought the Hornet was in need of a carrier to call home, so I found this little gem. The TCS Ranger. Hopefully will be in game by the end of this week.

wdboyd
Ah, a new capital ship. A Carrier!

braddw25
Thanks to Toshiro, the Super Hornet now has a more fitting base to call home. Great job with Deffing, and I really like the modified launch and landing bays he created for the Ranger. Thanks very much and great job, Toshiro!!!!

braddw25
Ok, I realized recently that I had gotten this mod pretty much up and running, but my feeble mind forgot to upload it. I am in the process of trying to get it uploaded to the download section of our site here, but not having ANY luck at all. Apparently the submit download function does not like the file and it won't take it, so I will have to upload it from my home comp this evening using the ftp protocal in windows. I can't do that from work because our firewall blocks me. I am so misuderstood by our IT deparment.!blue!

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll