blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
Look what I found!!!
braddw25
I have been itching to fly my Super Hornet in a setting that has a bit more flying space than we currently have available to us. So in that light look what will be working in Starshatter before the end of this weekend if all goes well!!!!
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Oh.... the humanity of it all!

Pretty neat Bradd. Where did you get the model or did you create it yourself?

Toshiro
Awesome , wonder about the poly count though. Original model was higher than magic could handle. I looked for other low poly versions. Its a great looking fighter. Wonder if there is a low poly carrier out there somewhere??

braddw25
The poly count is fine, Toshiro. That picture was taken from within magic, so it will work in game with no trouble at all. Just over 13K polys.

William, I found it here...

https://forums.ro...oly-models
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
It might be interesting to get a Scythe version to use as Zolon fighter.

Apparently, that one isn't available. asad

braddw25
Yes I noticed that when I tried to click on it earlier. Perhaps you could contact the person who posted it and get it from him.

braddw25
As promised, here she is in game!!!!

wdboyd
Wow... looks great.

Do you have the top turret actually working?

Toshiro
Awesome!

braddw25
Thanks! I do not have that top turret working yet. The model has it integrated into the hull, so I'm not entirely sure how to go about turning it into a functional turret. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Right now I do have a generic turret included that fires, but it's not ideal because the turret on top does not move as it should.

wdboyd
You would have to extract the turret model from the craft and then create a working turret with it and its barrels. Then def it back onto the craft.

Assuming it can be pulled off and made into a Starshatter working model. Sounds like some challenging fun Bradd.

As shown in my Asp LCA below, two turrets have been added using a copy of the original and turning it around to shoot aft and flipping another upside down for more aft firepower.
I this case, the original craft came with a seperate turret for me to work with. The Asp has much better defensive firepower now.
wdboyd attached the following file:

Lucan
The turret and the barrels would have to be extracted then saved to their own individual files. Removing aforementioned meshes from the main body would simply be a matter of selecting the desired polys; inverting the selection; deleting the rest of the mesh then saving it under a new file name.

If a copy of the model is available, I can extract the necessary components then upload them to this site.

Just making the offer if you need it. Smile

braddw25
I should have been more specific in asking for suggestions. LOL. I know I need to extract the turret from the model and all, but I'm having trouble (within Milkshape the 3d modelling program I use) in selecting only the polys that should be part of the turret. In all three view planes, there is always a piece of the craft itself that gets in my way when I try to select just the turret polys. So what I should have asked is is there a way to specify precisely which polys I want to select? I might take you up on your offer, Lucan, if I can't get this figured out. Thanks very much.

braddw25
Ok, I got the turret extracted. Now on to deffing!!!!

braddw25
Ok, so the good news is that I got the turret working in the game. The bad news is that it doesn't look exactly as it should. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that I possibly have something messed up in the def file.LOLConfused1

wdboyd
Obviously, it is a matter of model size.

You may have to physically reduce the model size in a modeling program or its' size may be adjustable in its def.

Since it is no longer actually a part of the original model, its loc: x,y,z coordinates will have to adjusted to place it where it belongs on the craft.

Note the loc: coordinates for each turret. All different. But you only have the one.

Turret location listings in the Asp.def.

weapon: {
type: "LCA Turret",
design: "Bolt Weapon",
name: "Turret",
abrv: "Turret",

azimuth: 3.142

muzzle: (-16, 0, 148)
muzzle: ( 16, 0, 148)

loc: ( 0, 74, -189)

size: 14,
hull_factor: 1.0
}

type: "SLCATurret", // Top Forward Firing

azimuth: 0.000

loc: ( 00, 76, 33)

}

type: "SLCATurretAft", // Inverted Aft Firing

azimuth: 3.142

loc: ( 00,-55, -162)

}

braddw25
Thanks for the input. I got it working by moving the turret model down so that is centered right at the origin of the 3 axes instead of being raised up above where it was placed on the original model. I also had to scale it down by using the scale factor in the def file. All is well now. I just have to adjust how it aims. In order to have it pointing forward I believe I have to set the azimuth at 0, but then how do I get it to fire in a 360 degree rotation???

wdboyd
You shouldn't have to set any azimuth to get it to fire forward along a 180 degree arc.

There was a method to get turrets to fire 360 but I don't remember the details. I'll do a little searching in my old notes.

braddw25
ok, thanks!!

wdboyd
After a cursory search... I haven't found the old notes I once had. Emphasis on old notes

From a logical perspective though, one should be able to set the turrets min_az to 0.000 and its' max_az to 3.142.

That may give it a 360 degree arc of fire but for some reason I don't think it will be that simple. If the above settings do not work, you will probably be limited to a 180 degree arc maximum.

If I remember correctly, I was never able to def. a turret with a 360 degree firing arc. Sad, but true.

I'm such a failure. Frown

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif