blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
SC Weapons question
braddw25
I just did a little browsing over at RSI and I see that they have weapons for sale using in game credits instead of real money. I have 24,000 credits to spend, but I have a question first. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the weapons for sale are all smaller weapons as in class 1 or 2. My connie is already armed with 4 class 3 Behring M5a lasers which are listed as class 3 weapons. I assume that means that what I already have mounted is a basically superior weapon to the ones that are currently for sale. Am I correct in assuming that they have only made smaller weapons available since I do not see the M5a listed yet as available to buy even though my connie apparently has 4 of them preloaded. Does it sound like I am understanding this correctly or am I way off base. I want to make sure I'm not wasting my credits before I actually make a purchase. Thanks for any insights on this.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
Hi Bradd,

Yes, the weapons available now are of the smaller sizes. I've been thinking of swapping out the Bulldog guns on my Gladius for Badgers but I am reluctant to right now.

The craft we purchase come stock with the weapons designated in their descriptions. I have been holding off on swapping weapon sizes and types on my craft until CIG gets things straightened out. Besides, the multi-crew ships haven't even entered the game yet. Again, I wouldn't spend anything for weapons at the current time.

Example: I'm wanting to add two missile pods to my 315p. It is supposed to have the wing hardpoints for them but there have been reports of others buying weapons that are specified for their craft but they can't get them mounted correctly. Larger craft owners, like you, can't purchase weapons for your craft. Of course you could purchase another large craft, take its' stock weapons off and try to put them on your craft... if they are the right type and appropriate size.

I think the weapon situation is clear as mud right now. I wouldn't risk spending money on weapons in the VD store unless you just want to experiment for fun.

Another option is the REC system now available. One can earn credits playing in the multiplayer modes and use the credits to rent ships and or weapons for a week of testing.

braddw25
Thanks, William. My thoughts exactly. The weapons are an area that seems to be a bit in flux at this point so its probably best to wait until things are a bit more settled.
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll