sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » The Space Station (General Discussion) » Station Lounge
 Print Thread
Artemis SBS
Toshiro
Hello Commanders

Has anybody in the rift ever commanded the Artemis Starship Bridge Simulator?
I noticed it on Steam.

Toshiro

wdboyd
Salutations,

If memory serves me correctly... Artemis is a multiplayer, LAN type spaceship simulation where each crew member mans a particular bridge command position.

I remember being very interested in it, but the required multi-player aspect to fully enjoy it made me turn away. Oh, I think it was possible to play it single player but with limited bridge position selections available.

Still, Artemis is a dream come true for those that want to run it on a LAN with friends.

P.S. Star Citizen will eventually offer the same capabilities playing together online.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

Lucan
I've played it. Grin

Actually, Artemis can be played online in much the same manner as Starshatter. The game itself provides an option of setting up a server host. (See page 6 of the PDF manual: http://www.eochu....latest.pdf

wdboyd
Yes Lucan, according to that pdf, online play is possible.

Artemis Demo: The demo of Artemis will allow you to take control of the Helm and Weapons consoles.

http://www.artemi...

Toshiro
On the "Steam" Artemis page, there is a community that connects through team speak or some other client. Someone hosts, and you get an invite to connect.

It is only $7 for a single licence. You can try playing solo but popping to station to station is harder.

wdboyd
I read on their forums that there is some difficulty when using the steam version of the simulation.

Toshiro
Interesting, haven't seen that discussion. I was able to run a server through the steam version, and then it's mentioned to open root folder of Artemis and start another instance with the Artemis exe instead of through steam shortcut. I was able to connect and play. Although I had to disable firewall. The server screen is the main visual screen. If playing in a group in one room. Each station also gets a visual tab they can access, to see what's happening. At least with version 2.1.1, it's way better than the demo which is 1.7. Haven't tried with others yet.

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll