blank.gif
sideb-left.pngsideb-right.png
icon-c.png View Thread
blank.gif
starshattermods » Star Citizen Discussion » Star Citizen General Discussion
 Print Thread
An open Challenge for Wdboyd
braddw25
So, William, my friend, how would you like to be able to fly a super hornet from SC in SS:TGS?? It just so happens that yours truly has been able to procure a model of the hornet in .obj format. That is the good news. The bad news is readily apparent when one looks at the bottom of this pic and sees the number of polys. I know that you in the past have been able to get some VERY high quality models working in game. I don't know if even you will be able to get this one in though. However I was wondering, might you be interested in taking a crack at this beauty? It currently does not have a texture applied to it, but it does show just how high the quality of the 3d modeling in Star Citizen will be.
braddw25 attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

wdboyd
OMG! 199,844 polygons! I think not. negative

99,000 polygons would be almost possible... maybe and even then it would be a LOT of work.

The Magic 3D modeler program only permits individual .mag files of 16,000 polygons. A 99,000 polygon model would require 6-7 .mag images or craft parts for one craft thusly put together. Very unlikely or even possible. I think there is .mag model number limit per craft in Starshatter .def files. The most I've done with craft in the past was 4-5, at most.

Imagine attempting this with this 199,000 polygon model! No my friend. I freely admit Starshatter's, Magic's and my limitations. Yes, I have limits. Challenge closed. medsob

It sure is a beautiful model though. applaud
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son Of God.

braddw25
I knew there was a limit to how many mag files you could use in one def. I wasn't sure what that limit was though. While it would be way cool to be able to fly that ship in SS, it just goes to show how awesome the graphics in SC will be!!!
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you, and be sure of this, I will be with you always even unto the end of the age. Mathew 28:20

Jump to Forum:
blank.gif
icon-s.png Login
blank.gif
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
blank.gif
icon-s.png Member Poll